1st Massachusetts medical marijuana dispensary gets OK to sell amid concerns about testing standards
A Salem medical marijuana dispensary is the first to receive permission to sell marijuana - after obtaining a temporary waiver from the state's strict testing guidelines.
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has said it will reconsider its medical marijuana testing standards. Advocates and experts knowledgeable about the testing process say Massachusetts' current standards are stricter than those in other states and difficult to meet.
"We carefully considered the initial testing results and we will review the standards going forward," said Dr. Monica Bharel, commissioner of the Department of Public Health.
The reconsideration of testing standards is yet another hurdle for the state's troubled medical marijuana process. Although voters voted for medical marijuana in 2012, the licensing progress has been marred by delays and missteps.
Jupiter OG (Indica)
Ohio Marijuana Campaign’s Voter Registrations Are Being Questioned
Purple Hindu (Indica)
This Weekend Is the 2015 HIGH TIMES NorCal Medical Cannabis Cup
- 186,954 Views Category: Odd
- 146,537 Views Category: Fun
- 136,599 Views Category: Culture
- 95,142 Views Category: Culture
- 94,771 Views Category: Fun
- 93,353 Views Category: Culture
- 75,537 Views Category: Culture
- 73,463 Views Category: Odd
- 65,659 Views Category: Fun
- 58,581 Views Category: Fun