Sour Diesel Weed
Category: Nugs | Posted on Thu, July, 3rd 2014 by THCFinder
A sativa-dominant hybrid, Sour Diesel has a Diesel / candy-like smell and a very distinct taste. Great for energy and focus, and works well in the daytime when you have to get things done.
Ten Facts About Cannabis
Category: Culture | Posted on Thu, July, 3rd 2014 by THCFinder
People tend to know a lot less about cannabis than they would like to think. There are hundreds of thousands of misinformed people that have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to weed... And that includes some stoners! It's important to know the facts when you advocate for something so here is a list of ten facts about cannabis that you may or may not know.
1. Marijuana can be good for mental health, helping those with anxiety, depression, and other issues to relax and calm down, letting a little more positivity in to their lives.
2. Increased rates of treatment admissions in addiction clinics isn't because marijuana is addicting... It's because the justice system forces those who get caught to attend substance classes and rehab, instead of just letting them light a plant on fire and inhaling the smoke.
3. The majority of people who smoke weed don't use other drugs, including alcohol. While some people still try to toss out the gateway theory, most people by now are aware that a lot of stoners are actually extremely health and environmentally conscious.
4. Every year, there around around 750,000 people that get arrested for marijuana related "crimes", most of which are because the person was in possession of the plant. Most of these arrests are minorities and are thought to be racial discrimination.
5. Cancer cells are inhibited by CBD, one of the substances found in cannabis. CBD works on preventing cancer cells from reproducing, causing the current cancerous cells to eventually die. Marijuana is also thought to protect the body against the formation of cancer.
6. Not only does cannabis combat cancer but it also helps with numerous other diseases include epilepsy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis, and arthritis. Since our bodies naturally come equipped with a system designed specifically to handle cannabinoids, one could argue that this plant is a cure-all for almost every affliction known to effect humans.
7. There are no negative effects of marijuana... Unless you're a pizza that is. The plant doesn't "make you stupid", cause you to run over children while driving, or make you crazy enough to speak to the devil. Marijuana has virtually no side effects and when compared to other substances that are still legal (alcohol and tobacco), is probably far safer.
8. When Colorado and Washington began to process their recreational cannabis laws, the use of the plant among young people actually decreased. Just goes to show that the spreading of knowledge is incredibly important and when distributed correctly, can be a huge help. Those under 18 should avoid smoking marijuana unless prescribed by a doctor, seeing as how the effects of THC on the developing brain can cause gaps in myelin, the coating which protects this important organ from damage.
9. Even stoners who have smoked for decades (much like the much loved duo Cheech and Chong) show almost no long term cognitive side effects. They don't drool or stumble around trying to function... In fact, Chong actually beat prostate cancer using a healthy diet, Rick Simpson Oil, and a world renowned healer.
10. While people assume that driving while stoned is really dangerous and you'll probably kill yourself or someone, there is no compelling argument that cannabis causes traffic accidents or fatalities. In fact, most stoners would tell you that driving stoned actually makes them drive better then if they weren't.
Heres What Colorado Looks Like 6 Months into Marijuana Legalization
Category: Legalization | Posted on Thu, July, 3rd 2014 by THCFinder
July 1st 2014 marked the 6 month anniversary of the launch of Colorado’s great social experiment – the legalization and regulation of marijuana for all adults age 21 and over. News coverage of the state’s highly scrutinized, yet burgeoning retail cannabis industry has been lukewarm, but a review of the last six months shows that (although inconclusive in its early stages) this policy has not only failed to cause the reefer madness social breakdown predicted by prohibitionists, it appears that this new industry is starting to positively impact the state and its communities.
Colorado is projected to save tens of millions of dollars in law enforcement expenses this year. Job opportunities continue to open up and revenue is expected grow at an unprecedented rate – a significant portion of which has already been allocated to public schools and education programs.
Below are five positive social and economic developments that can be attributed to Colorado’s 6-month old retail cannabis market:
- $69,527,760 in retail marijuana pot sales.
-10,000 people working in the marijuana industry(1,000-2,000 gaining employment in last few months)
- 5.2% decrease in violent crime in the city of Denver.
- No Colorado stores found selling to minors.
- $10.8 million in tax revenue (not including licensing fees)
All in all, these first few months have shown in practice that the benefits of legalization significantly outweigh those of prohibition, both morally and economically. One can’t deny that there will be bumps in the road. As this new market continues to evolve we should be prepared for the emergence of new, unanticipated issues. However, one can be comforted in the fact that any rising concerns are being addressed and rectified in a responsible and expeditious manner – both on the part of lawmakers and industry leaders. As Colorado moves forward, and more states begin to implement similar policies, the politicians and the population will see that this is the right policy for our children, our economy and our society.
Washington Samich Truck Starts Sales
Category: Culture | Posted on Thu, July, 3rd 2014 by THCFinder
While Colorado is wrestling with it's edible laws after a few unfortunate reports of people ending up getting way too high (some stories ended a lot worse unfortunately), Washington seems like it's ready to get stoned. The state legalized marijuana back in 2012 but has since put the new legal laws in to effect, saying that this summer is when the recreational stores will begin to sell. But since the state is medical, marijuana is still available and the company MagicalButter is on their game, ready with a marijuana food truck to dispense awesome medicated treats to card holding Washington residents.
"Samich" as the truck is called is currently on tour of the cities in the US that allow legal cannabis use. The truck started in Denver, back in April and has been a hit where ever it went. Run by the same company that makes the MagicalButter extractor to make tinctures, oils, and butter, the Samich truck is ready to keep Washington residents medicated with their "Savory Accessible Marijuana Infused Culinary Happiness", which as you notice is where they got their name!
The truck has a seriously delicious menu as well, ranging from truffle popcorn to their signature sandwich that includes what they call "trinity jam", a mixture of blueberries, raspberries, and pomegranates. They also throw on some nut butter and banana for a little extra kick! Each product will get you stoned though... Every item on the menu contains between 30 and 100mgs of THC, which is considered to be a healthy daily serving of cannabis.
As of right now, only people who have medical cannabis cards will be able to get products from the truck. Hopefully once Washington establishes their legal laws, others will be able to partake in the delicious treats that the truck will be selling. The truck will continue to travel around and serve the stoners of America as more and more states begin to allow legal weed.
- 182,499 Views Category: Odd
- 143,907 Views Category: Fun
- 133,982 Views Category: Culture
- 91,462 Views Category: Culture
- 91,062 Views Category: Fun
- 89,856 Views Category: Culture
- 72,594 Views Category: Culture
- 70,115 Views Category: Odd
- 62,686 Views Category: Fun
- 55,597 Views Category: Fun