Marijuana to be decriminalized in New York?
Category: Legalization | Posted on Tue, June, 5th 2012 by THCFinder
Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York is calling for his state to decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana, noting that pot busts apprehend a disproportionate number of young African-Americans and Latinos.
New York City arrested 50,684 people in 2011 for possessing small amounts of cannabis, often in stop-and-frisk circumstances in which police ask suspects to empty their pockets.
The call by Cuomo, which must be approved by the New York Legislature, comes as two states — Washington and Colorado — get set to vote in November on measures that would legalize marijuana and put the state in charge of regulating its growing and sale.
Seattle is host each summer to Hempfest, the largest cannabis celebration in North America. The city also voted in 2003 to put marijuana possession at the bottom of its law enforcement priorities.
- 191,287 Views Category: Odd
- 150,403 Views Category: Fun
- 139,862 Views Category: Culture
- 101,004 Views Category: Culture
- 99,608 Views Category: Culture
- 99,327 Views Category: Fun
- 80,030 Views Category: Culture
- 78,204 Views Category: Odd
- 70,091 Views Category: Fun
- 63,271 Views Category: Fun