PNC Bank Starts Closing Marijuana Accounts—Advocates Blame Sessions
Fearing that U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions will make good on his threat to impose a crackdown on the legal cannabis trade, PNC Bank, one of the largest financial institutions in the United States, has decided to sever all ties with any organization connected to marijuana.
According to the Washington Post, PNC recently told national marijuana advocacy group, the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP), that it was permanently terminating its accounts because an internal audit showed the group distributes funds to assist in efforts to legalize marijuana.
‘‘They told me it is too risky. The bank can’t assume the risk,’’ said Nick Field, MPP’s chief operating officer.
What Happens If I’m Charged with a Marijuana DUI?
While there are some major differences in the way police handle cannabis-impaired driving and drunk driving, most court systems hand down similar consequences for both offenses. If the court convicts you for driving while under the influence of marijuana, you can expect the ramifications to include a license suspension, a drug and alcohol awareness class, fines, probation and even jail time.
However, the way the prosecution will build their case against you is very different with stoned driving. They cannot simply conduct a breath test after pulling you over to determine if you used cannabis recently.
For example, in Washington State, police have two options for proving a driver is under the influence of marijuana. These options are:
- Observing signs, conducting field tests, and bringing in an officer trained in drug recognition; or
- Conducting a marijuana blood test to determine whether the driver is over the per se limit of 5 ng/mL.
Leprechaun in the Hood - A Friend With Weed
Jack Herer (Sativa)
New Jersey Legalization Proposal Should Include Social Justice Revisions
- 192,820 Views Category: Odd
- 151,857 Views Category: Fun
- 141,379 Views Category: Culture
- 103,431 Views Category: Culture
- 101,976 Views Category: Culture
- 101,039 Views Category: Fun
- 81,617 Views Category: Culture
- 79,776 Views Category: Odd
- 71,690 Views Category: Fun
- 65,105 Views Category: Fun