The Best Music While Stoned
Category: Culture | Posted on Tue, December, 10th 2013 by THCFinder
Different people like different music. Stoners especially tend to love tunes and constantly have some sort of music player close by. Since there are so many different genres of music, every stoner probably has something different playing. The following genres are the most popular among stoners it would seem, all for different reasons. Of course, this list will be different in a few years, once there is some new type of music released that stoners love. Keep in mind that there are a lot of different definitions of what music falls in to what genre, so if you disagree on what bands are classified under what genre, please understand that everyone has a different view!
- Classic Rock; This would be the music that people immediately just label as stoner music. Led Zepplin, Grateful Dead, The Doors, etc. These bands seem to always be playing in a hippie's car or room. While not all stoners still listen to this kind of music, no one can deny that it is the original genre of the potheads.
- Dubstep; Somewhat of a new introduction to the music world (and still not accepted by everyone), the dubstep music has a lot of bass, interesting beats, and occasionally some crazy lyrics. This music is excellent to drive to, as the hard bass drops will keep you focused on driving, instead of wandering off in to space. Dubstep can also be good to chill and smoke to, since it's such an interesting combination of sounds.
- Hip Hop/Rap; Since the two are pretty close and both are popular with stoners, I felt it acceptable to group these two together. Another sort of classic stoner genre, rap and hip hop love to feature marijuana in the lyrics they write, as well as show off their stoner tendencies.
- Reggae; Another classic stoner genre, reggae is popular among stoners of all ages. This particular type of music probably had the most effect on the stoner movement, promoting the enlightening and life improving effects that marijuana seems to have on people.
- Indie Rock/Alternative; Bands like City And Color and Bright Eyes may be sad but can create an extremely relaxing environment. Of course, there are many of other bands in this genre that aren't nearly as sad as these two, so check it out and you may find that you like it.
Uruguay Expected To Legalize Marijuana Tuesday
Category: Legalization | Posted on Tue, December, 10th 2013 by THCFinder
On Tuesday, Uruguay’s Senate will vote on historic legislation to make their nation the first in the world to legalize recreational cannabis. The Senate is expected to approve the proposal, which was initially introduced by the nation’s President, José Mujica, and has already been approved by the Uruguay House of Representatives, and the Senate Health Commission. Approval in the Senate on Tuesday will send the measure to Mijuica’s, who will quickly sign it into law. It will take effect after 120 days.
Under this new law, the possession of up to 40 grams of cannabis, as well as the private cultivation of up to 6 plants, will be legal for all adults 18 and older. In addition, cannabis will be sold through cannabis clubs, and medical cannabis will be distributed through pharmacies. According to officials, the government will sell cannabis for around $1 a gram.
Although places like Amsterdam tend to tolerate cannabis use, and in some instances even distribution, no country, since the beginning of cannabis prohibition, has outright legalized cannabis. Uruguay would instantly set a positive precedent for the world to follow.
Read more: http://www.theweedblog.com
Pineapple Express - Hybrid
Category: Nugs | Posted on Mon, December, 9th 2013 by THCFinder
The Federal Government Really Hates Cannabis
Category: Culture | Posted on Mon, December, 9th 2013 by THCFinder
For the land of the free, America has a decent amount of rules set in place when it comes to cannabis. These days, you can't even admit to smoking weed at the Canadian border without being barred from the states, regardless of the fact that there may not be any cannabis present in the car or the person's system at the time. Not only that but the war between state and federal law is ever so much closer to boiling over with the recent raids on medical dispensaries in Colorado.
Grow Laws; In the US according to federal law, less than fifty plants will get you put in jail for up to 5 years, as well as slap you with a fine of $250,000. This includes growing only a single cannabis plant. 50-99 plants will earn you 20 years and a $1 million fine and it just gets worse from there. Considering that there are two states that have legalized cannabis, the federal government should eliminate their extreme penalties for simply farming.
Possession Laws; Carrying any amount of marijuana will automatically get you $1,000 fine and incarceration of up to a year. That's for the first offense. The second offense will get you a minimum of 15 days but no maximum. If you do get caught this second time, you also should expect to get fined $2,500. The third time (and any time after that), you can get 90 days to 3 years... Possibly more. The fine for this is $5,000.
Selling Laws; Basically, no matter what amount you sell, you're going away for at least five years. This law is extremely strict. The NORML website stated that for less than 50 kg of marijuana, it is a felony, five years in prison, and a fine of $250,000. 50 kg translates in to a bit more than 1700 ounces. That's a lot of marijuana. So even the sale of a single gram can get you five years according the federal law.
There are places where the rules are even more strict but the difference is that those places aren't actively searching for cannabis users and are usually paying attention to more pressing matters. It's also an extremely unfair case in the US due to the legalization of the plant in two states and more than a couple towns across the country. While there are some that say "state law is always trumped by federal law", one must counter reply with "democracy trumps federal law". The people have voted to be allowed to use cannabis, whether or not it's for medical reasons. The laws on cannabis are far too strict and need to be reevaluated to reflect the votes of the people.
- 180,604 Views Category: Odd
- 142,573 Views Category: Fun
- 132,718 Views Category: Culture
- 90,085 Views Category: Culture
- 89,520 Views Category: Fun
- 88,419 Views Category: Culture
- 71,324 Views Category: Culture
- 68,530 Views Category: Odd
- 61,289 Views Category: Fun
- 54,238 Views Category: Fun