Michigan Pharmaceutical Medical Marijuana Bill Passes Senate
Category: News | Posted on Sat, November, 16th 2013 by THCFinder
LANSING, MI — A bill that would allow pharmacies in Michigan to stock “pharmaceutical grade” medical marijuana passed the Senate Wednesday by a 22-16 vote.
Introduced by Republican state Senator Roger Kahn and co-sponsored by Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville, Senate Bill 660 would, if passed, reclassify medical marijuana to a Schedule II drug in the state, controlled in a manner similar to drugs such as OxyContin or Percocet.
It would also license facilities to grow the new “pharmaceutical grade” marijuana and distribute it through authorized pharmacies, such as Walgreens or CVS, and require strict laboratory testing for quality and dosage standards.
“Marijuana, if it’s to be medical marijuana, should be held to the standard of medical safety and of dosage predictability,” said Sen. Kahn at hearings earlier this month.
Even if passed at the state level, the proposal would require federal approval to implement. Marijuana is currently listed as a Schedule I drug, and it would need to be federally rescheduled to Schedule II for the proposed law to take effect.
The bill was supported in committee last week by Chuck Perricone, who represents Prairie Plant Systems, a Canadian company that grows and sells pharmaceutical cannabis.
The bill is opposed by many medical marijuana patients and activists who support the Michigan medical marijuana program, which has seen many changes since first passed by voters in 2008.
Some lawmakers in opposition to the pending bill say that legislators should focus on fixing Michigan’s medical marijuana program, which has seen dispensaries come and go, while operating in a grey area of legal limbo.
Read more: http://www.thedailychronic.net/
ATF - Alaskan Thunder Fuck
Category: Nugs | Posted on Sat, November, 16th 2013 by THCFinder
Modesto City Council committee split on parents pleas for medical marijuana access for sick kids
Category: Medical Marijuana | Posted on Sat, November, 16th 2013 by THCFinder
MODESTO — Parents of children who suffer from seizure disorders told harrowing stories of their debilitating effects in an appeal for help from Modesto City Council members at this week’s Safety and Communities Committee meeting.
They gave testimonials about a specific type of medical marijuana they say has been more effective than any pharmaceutical drug they have used to treat their children’s seizures, and they asked the three council members on the committee for help bringing its safe access to Modesto. The committee was divided.
Countless times, the parents have watched helplessly as their children struggle to breathe through seizures that have resulted in cognitive loss, behavioral issues and incontinence, they said. The side effects of the pharmaceutical drugs prescribed to the children are almost as bad, leaving them in a catatonic state.
“I didn’t pick medical marijuana; medical marijuana picked me,” said Jason David of Modesto, whose son Jayden, 7, started having seizures as a result of Dravet syndrome when he was 4 months old.
Read more here: http://www.modbee.com
Lemon Haze Weed
Category: Nugs | Posted on Fri, November, 15th 2013 by THCFinder
Category: Concentrates | Posted on Fri, November, 15th 2013 by THCFinder
BHO may not be the safest way to obtain your extracts but no matter how many times someone gets hurt, people are still going to get extracts by using BHO. Which is fine. But it's important to remember to be safe. If you're getting in to making extracts, there are precautions. The following suggestions are here to help you make BHO safely and effectively, allowing you to get stoned and avoid a trip to the emergency room.
1. Do not make BHO indoors. This is extremely unsafe. Butane gives off gas, which can fill a small space very quickly. One spark can set off an explosion, which can be made worse by other contained butane within the confines of the room. BHO should absolutely always be made outside, where there is proper ventilation. The only acceptation to this rule is if you're a scientist in a lab under the perfect conditions. Which most of you aren't. Run your BHO outside.
2. It's said that the best tools to use to produce BHO should be made from borosilicate, more commonly known as Pyrex. All other materials come with risks and health hazards, although it is up to you to decide what you use. Just be aware that anything other than Pyrex has potential negative effects on the end result of the run or on your safety.
3. Wear a mask... A heavy duty one. Fumes and other materials can get in to your lungs and do some serious damage. It's recommended that you wear a gas mask, rather than the usual painters mask that most people deem okay. Fumes can get through those, seeing as how they're cheaply made. You need to be wearing a mask that can prevent the fumes from entering your lungs.
4. Don't let someone give you bunk BHO, filled with butane. This end chemical trash can cause extreme headaches, among other issues. There are ways to test and make sure that your BHO is safe. If you're about to take a dab and the oil sizzles and crackles when it touches the heated nail, there is still butane trapped in the oil. Another way to test the quality is to put a small amount of oil on a dabber and hold a lighter close to it. If properly purged, the oil should turn liquid. Be sure to put something below to catch the liquid. Again, any extreme crackling, strange fizzing noises, and obnoxious sizzling are warning signs and you should be careful about smoking the BHO.
5. Always ALWAYS wear some sort of goggles or glasses. If something goes wrong, you need to protect your eyes. The horror stories of people getting plant material and butane fumes under their eyelids are disgusting. Trust me, you do not want to get caught without glasses on. Your eyes will thank you later, trust me.
- 178,809 Views Category: Odd
- 141,533 Views Category: Fun
- 131,797 Views Category: Culture
- 89,051 Views Category: Culture
- 88,204 Views Category: Fun
- 87,297 Views Category: Culture
- 70,261 Views Category: Culture
- 67,265 Views Category: Odd
- 60,065 Views Category: Fun
- 52,966 Views Category: Fun