President Obama Grants Clemency to 214 People in Federal Prisons, Mostly Drug Prisoners
Wednesday’s commutations by President Obama, which brings his total number to 562, represent the most granted by a president in a single day since at least 1900, according to the White House blog.
This is especially good news for 67 prisoners who were serving life sentences—almost all for nonviolent drug crimes, noted the blog.
Michael Collins, deputy director at Drug Policy Alliance, told HIGH TIMES that Obama should be applauded for the commutations, but time is running out in his term.
“He needs to step up the frequency and quantity of commutations,” Collins said. “Every two to three months is not enough.”
Friends - The One With The Stoned Guy
Marijuana growth could push Scotts Miracle Gro's stock higher
Red Dragon (Hybrid)
Cannabis-Friendly Travel Spots: The Jupiter Hotel in Portland, OR
- 189,964 Views Category: Odd
- 149,357 Views Category: Fun
- 138,960 Views Category: Culture
- 99,130 Views Category: Culture
- 98,015 Views Category: Fun
- 97,688 Views Category: Culture
- 78,799 Views Category: Culture
- 76,997 Views Category: Odd
- 68,907 Views Category: Fun
- 61,802 Views Category: Fun