Alaska Marijuana Sales Close, Pending Opening of Test Labs
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska is nearing its first legal sales of marijuana, nearly two years after voters approved the recreational use of pot by adults.
Retails stores are being permitted by the state Marijuana Control Board, and just a few hurdles remain until commercial sales begin.
The biggest obstacle is waiting for labs to test the raw product. Two labs have been licensed by the state, both in Anchorage.
$6.1 million in marijuana seized at warehouse in unincorporated Los Angeles County
Narcotics investigators seized $6.1 million in marijuana in unincorporated Los Angeles - a bust police say was made possible in large part due to tips from the public.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials from the Narcotics Bureau served a search warrant at a warehouse in the 200 block of West 134th Street at around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Authorities said the search was part of a follow-up investigation from tips obtained from civilian informants.
Hall Pass - Pot Brownies Golf Scene
XXX OG (Hybrid)
Anchorage Assembly Unanimously Approves First Legal Cannabis Retail Outlet
- 191,463 Views Category: Odd
- 150,561 Views Category: Fun
- 140,124 Views Category: Culture
- 101,284 Views Category: Culture
- 99,956 Views Category: Culture
- 99,541 Views Category: Fun
- 80,216 Views Category: Culture
- 78,395 Views Category: Odd
- 70,288 Views Category: Fun
- 63,455 Views Category: Fun