Platinum Jack (Sativa)
President Obama Grants Clemency to 214 People in Federal Prisons, Mostly Drug Prisoners
Wednesday’s commutations by President Obama, which brings his total number to 562, represent the most granted by a president in a single day since at least 1900, according to the White House blog.
This is especially good news for 67 prisoners who were serving life sentences—almost all for nonviolent drug crimes, noted the blog.
Michael Collins, deputy director at Drug Policy Alliance, told HIGH TIMES that Obama should be applauded for the commutations, but time is running out in his term.
“He needs to step up the frequency and quantity of commutations,” Collins said. “Every two to three months is not enough.”
Friends - The One With The Stoned Guy
Marijuana growth could push Scotts Miracle Gro's stock higher
Red Dragon (Hybrid)
- 189,971 Views Category: Odd
- 149,366 Views Category: Fun
- 138,963 Views Category: Culture
- 99,142 Views Category: Culture
- 98,024 Views Category: Fun
- 97,699 Views Category: Culture
- 78,804 Views Category: Culture
- 77,003 Views Category: Odd
- 68,913 Views Category: Fun
- 61,807 Views Category: Fun