As Uruguay’s Pot Industry Struggles with the Details, Growers Move On to Hemp
Legal pot in Uruguay got off to an international bang in December 2013 when it became the first country in the worldto legalize production, distribution, sale and consumption of the plant.
As these several years have passed, regulations and restrictions have hamstrung the legalization project.
The government’s low price cap and strict production limits, is pushing less regulated hemp to the center stage among cultivators.
A Pot of Money: Oregon Collects $25.5M in Marijuana Taxes
SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Oregon has processed $25.5 million in tax payments from recreational marijuana from January through the end of July.
The state’s Department of Revenue says medical marijuana dispensaries were required to file their second-quarter returns for recreational marijuana by Aug. 1.
Oregonians legalized recreational marijuana in late 2014.
But it can only be sold by medical marijuana dispensaries until the Oregon Liquor Control Commission finalizes rules for the new industry. That’s expected to happen by next year.
White Russian (Hybrid)
New Report Says California Marijuana Sales to Top $6.5 Billion by 2020
- 191,284 Views Category: Odd
- 150,402 Views Category: Fun
- 139,861 Views Category: Culture
- 101,004 Views Category: Culture
- 99,607 Views Category: Culture
- 99,327 Views Category: Fun
- 80,030 Views Category: Culture
- 78,203 Views Category: Odd
- 70,091 Views Category: Fun
- 63,269 Views Category: Fun