Marijuana Busts Drop to Lowest Rate in 20 Years
The feds say that marijuana arrests are dropping.
Year over year, they dropped 7 percent, to about 575,000 in 2015. That’s still 575,00 too many, but it’s a welcome change from 2007, where 800,000 marijuana arrests were made.
The decline makes sense given that four states and the District of Columbia have legalized the drug. But it also tells you that a lot of police time is being used up on a pointless exercise in the states that haven’t yet legalized.
What strain are you smoking on today?
The problems with rushing to legalize marijuana for stoner use in California
Californians seem hot to visit a legal pot shop and smoke a joint or munch a weeded brownie. But driving home could be risky.
No one — not even highway patrolmen — knows precisely how stoned a motorist can be before he’s dangerously under the influence of cannabis.
Unlike with liquor, there’s no 0.08% blood alcohol equivalent for marijuana. There’s not even a common Breathalyzer to measure drugged driving. And there’s nothing around the corner.
Fighting for the Religious Right to Smoke Weed
Cherry Kush (Hybrid)
- 191,599 Views Category: Odd
- 150,680 Views Category: Fun
- 140,338 Views Category: Culture
- 101,524 Views Category: Culture
- 100,180 Views Category: Culture
- 99,703 Views Category: Fun
- 80,354 Views Category: Culture
- 78,555 Views Category: Odd
- 70,424 Views Category: Fun
- 63,731 Views Category: Fun