New Harvard Study: Marijuana Does Not Cause Schizophrenia
Category: News | Posted on Wed, December, 11th 2013 by THCFinder
A new Harvard study published in the journal Schizophrenia Research has found evidence that cannabis use, regardless of how often or in what quantities, does not lead to an increase in schizophrenia, despite decades of propaganda to the contrary.
For the study, researchers examined patients separated into four sample-groups; “sample 1: 87 non-psychotic controls with no drug use; sample 2: 84 non-psychotic controls with cannabis use; sample 3: 32 patients with a schizophrenia spectrum psychosis with no drug use; sample 4: 76 patients with schizophrenia spectrum psychosis with cannabis use. All cannabis using subjects used this drug during adolescence, and no other substance, with the exception of alcohol. Structured interviews of probands and family informants were used to obtain diagnostic information about probands and all their known relatives.”
After conducting this study, the Harvard researchers concluded that; “The results of the current study suggest that having an increased familial morbid risk for schizophrenia may be the underlying basis for schizophrenia in cannabis users and not cannabis use by itself.”
The study, which was led by Lynn DeLisi, MD, Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, can be found by clicking here.
This is one of several schizophrenia-related studies released this year; one government funded study found that cannabis may actually combat the symptoms of schizophrenia, and another found that it may lead to better cognitive function in those who are schizophrenic.
Strain Review; Kryptonite OG
Category: Nugs | Posted on Wed, December, 11th 2013 by THCFinder
This strain is one that you want in your jar if you want to get really, really stoned. With a THC content of up to 25%, this indica dominant strain will keep you medicated for a good amount of time, over an hour in some cases, most of the time with a good case of couch lock. Kryptonite OG is usually a light green strain, covered in the always sought after frosty hue.
Kryptonite OG will give the smoker an uplifting high and happy feelings. It's great for patients in pain, since it lasts a good amount of time and has such a high THC percentage. It also has a positive effect on those suffering from stress and insomnia. Patients specifically suffering from anxiety, arthritis, and PTSD will enjoy the strong, long lasting effects of the Kryptonite OG strain.
With good looks and good effects, the last part about this bud is the taste. Most users say that it has a 50/50 fruity-earthy smell and taste, but whatever it is, you'll like it. With smooth hits and pleasant effects, you should keep a strain like this close at hand for those days where you wake up with a headache or a night where you have trouble falling asleep. Kryptonite OG is highly recommended for patients and recreational users alike.
The Best Music While Stoned
Category: Culture | Posted on Tue, December, 10th 2013 by THCFinder
Different people like different music. Stoners especially tend to love tunes and constantly have some sort of music player close by. Since there are so many different genres of music, every stoner probably has something different playing. The following genres are the most popular among stoners it would seem, all for different reasons. Of course, this list will be different in a few years, once there is some new type of music released that stoners love. Keep in mind that there are a lot of different definitions of what music falls in to what genre, so if you disagree on what bands are classified under what genre, please understand that everyone has a different view!
- Classic Rock; This would be the music that people immediately just label as stoner music. Led Zepplin, Grateful Dead, The Doors, etc. These bands seem to always be playing in a hippie's car or room. While not all stoners still listen to this kind of music, no one can deny that it is the original genre of the potheads.
- Dubstep; Somewhat of a new introduction to the music world (and still not accepted by everyone), the dubstep music has a lot of bass, interesting beats, and occasionally some crazy lyrics. This music is excellent to drive to, as the hard bass drops will keep you focused on driving, instead of wandering off in to space. Dubstep can also be good to chill and smoke to, since it's such an interesting combination of sounds.
- Hip Hop/Rap; Since the two are pretty close and both are popular with stoners, I felt it acceptable to group these two together. Another sort of classic stoner genre, rap and hip hop love to feature marijuana in the lyrics they write, as well as show off their stoner tendencies.
- Reggae; Another classic stoner genre, reggae is popular among stoners of all ages. This particular type of music probably had the most effect on the stoner movement, promoting the enlightening and life improving effects that marijuana seems to have on people.
- Indie Rock/Alternative; Bands like City And Color and Bright Eyes may be sad but can create an extremely relaxing environment. Of course, there are many of other bands in this genre that aren't nearly as sad as these two, so check it out and you may find that you like it.
- 184,878 Views Category: Odd
- 145,558 Views Category: Fun
- 135,495 Views Category: Culture
- 93,305 Views Category: Culture
- 92,758 Views Category: Fun
- 91,621 Views Category: Culture
- 74,190 Views Category: Culture
- 71,926 Views Category: Odd
- 64,327 Views Category: Fun
- 57,148 Views Category: Fun