Eureka cancels meeting on banning marijuana dispensaries
Category: Dispensaries | Posted on Sat, September, 28th 2013 by THCFinder
The Eureka City Council canceled a special session meeting scheduled for Thursday night, which was called to introduce an amendment to the city's medical marijuana ordinance that would ban cannabis cooperatives, collectives and mobile dispensaries.
”After talking with staff and our city attorney, we decided it would be better to step back and take a look at our report to council and provide them at a regular council meeting a comprehensive report along with a number of alternatives, and then seek direction from council instead of recommending the ordinance modifications,” Assistant City Manager Mike Knight said.
The meeting was also canceled to give the public more advance notice, Knight added.
Councilman Mike Newman said the meeting was called because last week's regular meeting was canceled, and the council thought the ordinance was time sensitive because the current moratorium expires Nov. 3.
The city's medical cannabis ordinance -- passed by a previous council in August 2010 and modified in May 2011 -- regulates personal, residential marijuana grows on a land-use basis and allows for the permitting of four medical marijuana dispensaries. The council extended the existing moratorium, which was first passed in November 2011, for one year last October.
Newman said the amendment will likely be discussed during the council's Oct. 15 meeting.
Read more: http://www.times-standard.com
Tahoe OG - Indica
Category: Nugs | Posted on Fri, September, 27th 2013 by THCFinder
Unemployment Drug Test Bill Moving In Michigan
Category: News | Posted on Fri, September, 27th 2013 by THCFinder
A bill that would deny unemployment benefits to people who refuse to take drug tests required by employers passed the Republican-dominated Michigan Senate last week and also advanced in the House, being approved by the House Commerce Committee on a 12-4 vote.
The bill, House Bill 4952, moved in the same week Republicans also pressed ahead with another bill aimed at the state’s poorest residents, one requiring food stamp recipients and welfare beneficiaries to participate in community service or other work-related activities or be cut off from assistance. The Republican-led House earlier passed bills that would require drug testing for public assistance and cutting benefits if a child is truant from school.
Democrats and civil libertarians denounced the bills as part of the GOP’s “war on the poor.”
“Wholesale drug testing without suspicion is simply illegal,” said Shelli Weisberg, spokeswoman for the American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan. “If we’re going down the road of drug testing for people who receive benefits, then we better start drug testing legislators.”
Rep. Jon Switalski (D-Warrant) offered an amendment to do just that, but it failed.
“If the majority feels that drug testing for people on the public dole is good policy, then it’s clearly in the interest of good public policy to test all of us on the public dole,” he said. “But this is a bill about the elections in 2014 and nothing else.”
Read more: http://www.theweedblog.com
Ten Successful People Who Admit To Smoking Weed
Category: Fun | Posted on Fri, September, 27th 2013 by THCFinder
The Marijuana Policy Project is something that every pothead should familiarize themselves with. The group, which works to promote the education of people about anything related to marijuana. Not only that but they released one of the best lists ever put out on to the web; a top 50 of seriously successful celebs that toke up and aren't ashamed to say it. I've chosen ten of the fifty from that list to share with you. You can see the full list at www.mpp.org.
- Bill Maher, a well known comedian, has no shame in admitting that he's smoked. Good for him, as there should never be shame in saying you love getting baked!
"Look, I have never made a secret out of the fact that I have tried marijuana... About 50,000 times." - YouTube
- Senator Rand Paul apparently kidnapped a woman (who remained nameless in the original GQ interview because of professional reasons) with a friend, blindfolded her and brought her to their apartment. Once they were there, the two guys tried to make their prisoner take bong hits. I don't know if it was weed the senator was smoking but hopefully his next experience doesn't (or didn't) involve kidnapping friends!
- Most widely known for his complete about face from anti-pot to "it's probably a good thing", Dr. Sanjay Gupta has openly admitted to trying marijuana. His recent documentary was watched around the world by stoners everywhere and was taken as a huge victory for the legalization movement. Thanks to Dr. Gupta, more people have opened their eyes to the powers of cannabis because he helped to educate them... And at least we know he's smoked at least once in his day!
- Not only did Mayor Michael Bloomberg take a hit from the bong, but he admits to enjoying it! The Mayor of New York City is definitely someone who could help out in the push for legalization!
- Michael Phelps has been one of the front celebrities in marijuana memes around the internet. By typing a few simple words in to google, hundreds of Phelps memes pop up saying "Winners don't smoke weed... CHAMPIONS DO!" It's pretty awesome that multiple gold medal athletes are smoking in their spare time just like us.
- Amidst playing God and being one of the most well known (and liked) actors today, Morgan Freeman openly supports pot and has been quoted saying "Never give up the ganja." Well, Freeman, we won't be giving it up any time soon as long as you keep putting out movies about the tragedies and conquests of penguins.
- Arts and crafts are Martha Stewart's area of expertise but let's face it, all of that fine detail work had to come from somewhere and perhaps that somewhere was rolling joints! In a quote taken from Laist, Martha states "Of course I know how to roll a joint". Maybe she should do a special on joint rolling once marijuana becomes legal...
- Andrew Sullivan, a British blogger and commentator, was busted with pot in 2009. He only received a ticket for the possession but the case was dismissed the next month in July.
- Justin Bieber's music is pretty bad and he's kind of a punk but he's been showing off his anti-childhood star side lately by getting in to the news with what else? Pot. He was photographed smoking a blunt and then later, his tour bus was found to contain pot at the Canadian border. Add the fact that Bieber's plane pilot says that Bieber and crew pull up to the airport with smoke pouring out their windows and I'd say we have a serious advocate for legalization in the coming years. And whether or not you like the Biebs, he's got a lot of influence that could really help out the cause!
- While South Park mercilessly rips on Sarah Palin, at least she's honest about her consumption of marijuana. While in an interview with CBS News, she stated "I can't claim a Bill Clinton and say that I never inhaled". At least Palin has no shame!
Alien OG Bubba - Hybrid
Category: Nugs | Posted on Fri, September, 27th 2013 by THCFinder
- 182,518 Views Category: Odd
- 143,922 Views Category: Fun
- 133,995 Views Category: Culture
- 91,472 Views Category: Culture
- 91,079 Views Category: Fun
- 89,870 Views Category: Culture
- 72,609 Views Category: Culture
- 70,129 Views Category: Odd
- 62,702 Views Category: Fun
- 55,608 Views Category: Fun