What strain are you smoking on today?
Hackers Cripple Leading Marijuana Sales System
The Boston Globe reports that hackers early last week took down the servers of MJ Freeway, a system that tracks marijuana sales and inventory, and helps dispensaries prepare regulatory paperwork. The company says no customer or patient information was stolen during the attack, but large amounts of data was corrupted. The recovery process has been slow, and at least some customers are abandoning the company.
With their sales systems down, dispensaries have spent the last week struggling to keep things flowing smoothly. One medical nonprofit, New England Treatment Access (NETA), notified clients in the days after the attack that sales would be slower than usual because staff would have to execute them manually. Other outlets, according to Marijuana Business Daily, were forced to close temporarily.
Connecticut Board of Physicians Recommends Medical Cannabis for Several Disabling Conditions
- 193,581 Views Category: Odd
- 152,590 Views Category: Fun
- 142,098 Views Category: Culture
- 104,651 Views Category: Culture
- 103,020 Views Category: Culture
- 101,972 Views Category: Fun
- 82,406 Views Category: Culture
- 80,634 Views Category: Odd
- 72,531 Views Category: Fun
- 65,895 Views Category: Fun