| Posted on Tue, August, 19th 2014 by THCFinder
Businesses are absolutely going to try to corporatize cannabis. They will attempt to take over the industry as is their fashion and push the "little guy" right out of the door. Stoners worry about the mom and pop operations that they have come to love so much. But as always, Big Business (much like Big Pharma) doesn't really care. It's all about the green to them... And by green, you know that I'm not talking about good old Mary Jane. These fat cats want to make money, not help people. And to make matters worse, they don't really understand what cannabis is all about.
- Cannabis is not tobacco. That's definitely clear. While they can be ingested in similar ways, the two substances couldn't be any different. While tobacco promotes lung, throat, and mouth cancer, marijuana has actually shown traits of anti-cancer properties and hemp oil has become one of the main ways to help chemotherapy patients. Tobacco claims the lives of around 480,000 people a year, far more than cannabis's measly 0 deaths, and even blowing alcohol right out of the water (88,000 deaths per year). Weed and tobacco aren't even close to being the same substance and should not be treated as such.
- Cannabis is also not alcohol. Alcohol has very different effects when ingested as compared to cannabis. Both substances have survived prohibition which makes them both rock solid industries. But alcohol is used to escape problems most of the time, sometimes leading the user down a slippery slope that leads to alcoholism. Other problems stem from this, including cancer. The idea that cannabis and alcohol are totally different is only furthered by the fact that Washington state put their state Liquor Control Board in charge of handling the cannabis model and the state has been a complete disaster in regards to the marijuana set up.
- Growing cannabis sucks. It's true. It does. The plants become like children to the grower and when one gets sick, the world stops. Cannabis may be considered a weed but it definitely does not grow like one. To produce the large, fluffy, knock-you-off-your-seat buds that most growers aim for, there needs to be a lot of love and care that goes in to the growing process. Chances are you will not get rich off of growing cannabis and will instead spend your time trying to figure out how to pay your incredibly expensive light bill. To be successful in the marijuana business, you must think of it like the Gold Rush. People didn't really get rich off of gold... But the people who sold the tools used to obtain the gold made bank.
- People of all ages, races, careers, and backgrounds smoke weed. This is not a youth culture anymore. The marijuana community consists of parents, friends, families, grandparents, children, cousins, uncles, aunts, the librarian at your college, or the old store clerk that you paid for gasoline from. There is no "typical" pothead anymore. We are everywhere and people have no idea. No longer is weed a college outlet to hard drugs. It's our medicine, our pass time, our miracle plant.
- If you're going to talk about cannabis, you should probably know about cannabis. There are some people who bash the plant and don't even really know what they're talking about. In this day and age, there are still people who try to get away with using the "gateway drug" theory. No, we're far beyond that now. The technology surrounding cannabis is evolving so fast that you'll miss something if you don't pay the utmost attention. Those that attempt to involve themselves in the cannabis world without brushing up their knowledge first usually fail... Hard. Know the laws, know your product, and know what you stand for