What’s Really to Blame in Those Studies That Link Marijuana to Pregnancy Problems
A new “study of studies” in the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology drills down on the data behind claims that marijuana can cause adverse affects on pregnant women and their unborn children.
The verdict: Tobacco did it.
Researchers from Washington University conducted a detailed analysis of more than 30 studies to ascertain whether marijuana use can cause low birth weight or premature delivery.
Although lead researcher Dr. Shayna Conner and her colleagues initially discovered that women who smoked marijuana while pregnant did have an increased risk for such problems, they also found that once a mother’s tobacco use was entered into the equation the relationship vanished.
Jupiter OG (Indica)
Attend the Cannabis Science Conference in Portland Next Month!
Blue Dragon (Hybrid)
- 190,335 Views Category: Odd
- 149,690 Views Category: Fun
- 139,203 Views Category: Culture
- 99,754 Views Category: Culture
- 98,363 Views Category: Fun
- 98,331 Views Category: Culture
- 79,137 Views Category: Culture
- 77,408 Views Category: Odd
- 69,288 Views Category: Fun
- 62,304 Views Category: Fun