42.0 Facts About Marijuana, And Why It Should Be Legal
Category: Culture | Posted on Sat, April, 20th 2013 by THCFinder
The year is 2013. And weed remains illegal. We can’t do anything other than keep pushing, pleading, voting, and smoking the herb we love. There is nothing in this life more powerful than facts-and facts can only be ignored for so long. Here are 42 facts about marijuana:
1. No one has ever overdosed or died from smoking too much weed. In the history of mankind.
2. Marijuana has been in an “official” state of prohibition since 1937-s Marijuana Tax Act (in the United States). Because, among other reasons, it made white women desire black men.
3. Colorado and Washington legalized cannabis for recreational use this past October. They have estimated tax revenues of over $550 Million from this legalization.
4. There are more medical marijuana dispensaries than Starbucks in Los Angeles and Denver. Because reefer is safter than coffee.
5. There are 26 States with pending marijuana legislation, both medical and legal. 8 of these states have a legitimate chance to legalize recreational use. This is called a “Tipping Point.”
6. Over the last decade, the NYPD has spent 1 Million Hours Making 440,000 Marijuana Arrests.
7.The first law in America relating to cannabis was a 1619 law that actually required farmers to grow the hemp plant. Once harvested, hemp was useful for clothing, sails, and rope.
8. In 1906, cannabis was labeled as a “poison” and states began restricting its sale.
9. By the mid 1930s, cannabis was regulated as a drug in every state.
10. From 1850 to 1942, marijuana was listed in the United States Pharmacopoeia as a useful medicine for nausea, rheumatism, and labor pains and could be purchased from pharmacies and general stores.
Read more: http://www.theweedblog.com
Marijuana bars: Authorities cracking down on Washington bar owner allowing pot use
Category: News | Posted on Sat, April, 20th 2013 by THCFinder
Jeff Call knew he was pushing the envelope when he started letting people use marijuana at his rum-and-pizza joint in Tacoma.
But he didn't quite know the extent of what he was in for: the governor's office demanding state regulators do something about it, local authorities revoking his business license, and his insurance company dropping his liability policy — developments that threaten to sink his 3-year-old establishment even as he vows to fight them.
"The screws are coming down from all over," says Call, owner of Stonegate Pizza. "But we're open. Everything is still the same."
Washington and Colorado last fall became the first states to legalize marijuana for adults over 21. Both ban the public use of marijuana — which typically would include bars and restaurants — and most bars are steering clear of allowing pot use at least until officials come up with rules for the new weed industry.
MMA Referee Josh Rosenthal Pleads Guilty in Major Marijuana Bust, Awaits Sentencing
Category: News | Posted on Fri, April, 19th 2013 by THCFinder
Mixed martial arts referee Josh Rosenthal, after pleading guilty to felony charges of conspiracy to manufacture and distribute marijuana, awaits sentencing in U.S. District Court in Northern California on May 17.
The charges stem from a raid by federal agents on a warehouse owned by Rosenthal and his associate, Jeff Weller. The two are accused of operating a large-scale marijuana production and distribution facility in Oakland, Calif., according to an initial report by MMAJunkie.com.
The facility house more than 1,000 marijuana plants with an estimated street value of more then $6 million.
The government is recommending 37 months in jail, fines and five years of probation, during which he would be subject to random searches, according to an agreement obtained by MMAJunkie.com.
Without an agreement, Rosenthal faced the possibility of 10 years to life in prison, a $10 million fine and a minimum of five years on probation.
Read more: http://sports.yahoo.com
- 172,712 Views Category: Odd
- 138,245 Views Category: Fun
- 128,460 Views Category: Culture
- 85,335 Views Category: Culture
- 84,134 Views Category: Fun
- 83,572 Views Category: Culture
- 67,135 Views Category: Culture
- 63,461 Views Category: Odd
- 56,442 Views Category: Fun
- 49,437 Views Category: Fun