A push to create the next great American marijuana town
If California is the land of reinvention, the small desert city of Adelanto fits the bill.
Roughly a two-hour drive east from Los Angeles, Adelanto was founded in 1915 by an inventor who wanted to sell land to World War I veterans. His dream never materialized and the region was taken over by orchard farms, then poultry ranches. The nearby George Air Force Base opened and eventually closed in the early 1990s. The city more recently made a solar play, but the energy market fizzled. City unemployment hovers at 14 percent, well above the national unemployment rate of under 5 percent. And the big employers in town include prisons and the local school district.
Blumenauer Applauds Senate Appropriations Committee Passage Of VA Medical Marijuana Amendment
This indica produces strong body high with minimal effect on perception; it%u2019s great for chronic pain relief. A High Times bud of the year winner. Moderately heavy and mildly hard hitting, the force is strong with this Jedi Kush well into the second hour. It%u2019s not so much a knock down drag out effect as an enlightened and physically relaxing experience.
- 191,614 Views Category: Odd
- 150,697 Views Category: Fun
- 140,350 Views Category: Culture
- 101,548 Views Category: Culture
- 100,205 Views Category: Culture
- 99,714 Views Category: Fun
- 80,365 Views Category: Culture
- 78,574 Views Category: Odd
- 70,437 Views Category: Fun
- 63,760 Views Category: Fun