How Much Does A Marijuana Blunt Roller Job Pay In The Music Industry?
Fruity Pebbles (Hybrid)
Legalizing Marijuana In California Could Increase State Pot Prices
Marijuana games in S.F. aim to change stoner stereotypes
SAN FRANCISCO — Students, accountants, businessmen, housewives and many others in green T-shirts and all wearing the number 420 raced Saturday to change the stereotypical images of marijuana smokers as lazy and lethargic stoners who binge on junk food.
More than 300 people came from throughout the San Francisco Bay Area to participate in the 420 Games, an effort to stop the stigmatization of cannabis use through athletic events.
"People who use marijuana have been classified as dumb, lazy, stupid people and with this race we're showing them we're not what they say we are," said Jim McAlpine, a snowboard company executive who founded the events last year. "We want to show them we are motivated, athletic members of society."
The origins of the number 420 as a code for marijuana are murky, but fans have long marked April 20 as a day to enjoy pot and call for increased legal access to the drug.
Yodas Brain (Indica)
- 190,323 Views Category: Odd
- 149,675 Views Category: Fun
- 139,191 Views Category: Culture
- 99,732 Views Category: Culture
- 98,352 Views Category: Fun
- 98,315 Views Category: Culture
- 79,128 Views Category: Culture
- 77,393 Views Category: Odd
- 69,278 Views Category: Fun
- 62,291 Views Category: Fun