Prop 64 at Nearly 60% Support
Blacks 13 Times More Likely to Get Arrested for Weed in New York
New data obtained from public records requests by marijuana.com found large racial disparities in marijuana arrests, even as law enforcement priorities shift. The numbers echo previous findings that decriminalization (and even legalization) do little to combat racial disparities when enforcing cannabis laws.
Out of the 25 states where data was collected, New York had the largest racial disparity. Black New Yorkers are 13 times more likely than whites to be arrested for possession.
“The bulk of arrests in New York State occur in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan boroughs that make up New York City,” reported marijuana.com.
What strain are you smoking on today?
- 193,607 Views Category: Odd
- 152,615 Views Category: Fun
- 142,126 Views Category: Culture
- 104,687 Views Category: Culture
- 103,058 Views Category: Culture
- 101,994 Views Category: Fun
- 82,430 Views Category: Culture
- 80,656 Views Category: Odd
- 72,558 Views Category: Fun
- 65,927 Views Category: Fun