Ten Suggestions For Using Cannabis Responsibly
Some people do have trouble balancing their weed use with normal life. Let’s face it, while smoking weed definitely improves life, there are some situations that may just not call for it. Being a responsible stoner is important, especially these days with so much attention on the cannabis community. And while some will tell you until they’re blue in the face that they can handle their weed responsibly, it’s always nice to have a quick refresher on how to get high and get shit done!
- If you’re “too high” to get things done or you being to blame the plant for your slacking, you should cut back a bit. Marijuana should be a life enhancer, not a life ruiner. And if it is ruining your life, chances are your poor choices are the cause, not a plant. Marijuana is not a scapegoat.
- Avoid using cannabis before work or school (unless you feel like you do better work while high or your work isn’t dangerous). If your medical condition calls for marijuana use before work or school, that is fine. But always be sure that you’re not in danger, as well as your co-workers.
- Know your limit! No one wants to deal with a napper and especially if you’re going to work or school, you need to know when to stop smoking so that you can continue to focus and get your work done normally.
- Be aware of your settings. Some places can handle you being stoned and some can’t. You may be able to function fine at home while baked out of your mind but it’s not recommended that you go to Wal-Mart on a while baked out of your mind.
- Keep the laws in mind, along with any health risks. Cannabis is still illegal in most states and you need to know your rights if you happen to run in to the law.
- Don’t give cannabis to minors. They may think that they can handle it but without a doctor’s recommendation, anyone under the age of 18 shouldn’t ingest cannabis. The penalty for supplying minors with cannabis is also considerably higher.
- If your friends are saying you get too high, you probably are. People around you need to be able to communicate with you, especially at work or school, so if you’re too stoned to deal, cut back a bit.
- Be respectful. Don’t smoke weed in public or in someone’s house that doesn’t smoke. It’s important to make sure that everyone is comfortable. There are still people who don’t smoke weed in the world and it’s important to not step on their toes.
- Using cannabis with other substances can possibly have negative effects. This includes alcohol. Those that smoke weed and drink a lot sometimes experience the dreaded spins, a feeling in which everything is moving around you. This can be dangerous so it’s recommended that you don’t mix cannabis with other substances unless instructed by a doctor.
- Driving while high is risky but can be accomplished if you’ve managed to learn to drive stoned. I can’t stress enough the fact that driving while high is like learning to drive all over again. You need to pay attention, listen, and know that there’s always a possibility that you’ll get pulled over. Relax and don’t get too baked while driving!
Bubba OG (Indica)
Bubba OG Kush is a must-have strain, but honestly if you haven't tried it yet you probably are living under a rock or on the East Coast - in which case it's not your fault. Bred by Breeder's Choice Organization, this potent indica-dominant strain will cause you to think about devouring your entire kitchen and then some. Bubba Kush has buds that are medium-sized and tight, dark-green buds. They are also completely infested with trichromes when grown as top-shelf bud.
20 Street Names For Cannabis
The plant of many names! Cannabis has been known by so many different titles, from the classy cannabis to the medical marijuana. People every day create new nicknames for the plant and sometimes, it can be confusing as a new smoker as to what someone is talking about if you’re no familiar! Here are twenty nick names of cannabis that you might eventually stumble across, although some seem just too funny!
1. Pot - extremely common, almost everyone refers to cannabis as pot.
2. Weed - again, a very common term when talking about this jolly green plant! Aptly so, as the cannabis plant grows quickly and strong, much like the weeds your parents make you pull out of the walkway when you’re a kid.
3. Grass - another commonly used term to talk about marijuana, probably stemming from the fact that the plant is green and 100% natural!
4. Ganja - somewhat of an older term, still used today! Ganja was made popular in the older, popular stoner songs and some people still talk about marijuana using the term “ganja”.
5. Dope - Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys made this one pretty popular. Although, some stoners don’t like cannabis being referred to as dope, as there are other drugs such as heroin that go by the same name.
6. Herb - since cannabis is a plant that’s grown and can also be used in cooking, the term “herb” is quite fitting.
7. Reefer - heard of Reefer Madness? Or have your parents ever asked if you’re smoking on that reefer? This term is a bit more popular among those who grew up watching anti-cannabis propaganda but can still pop up in conversation!
8. Mary Jane - this term has been used to talk about cannabis for years. Probably resulting from someone’s clever way of talking about weed without anyone knowing, instead referring to the plant as a female (since you smoke the female plant).
9. Buds - pretty self explanatory but for those that don’t know, that’s what form weed usually comes in. The budding flowers are the part of the plant that gets smoked.
10. Nuggets - see above; “buds”.
11. Skunk - used for weed that smells strong enough to knock your socks off, skunk weed is extremely potent.
12. Broccoli - okay, I guess this could be a good way to talk about weed! “Did you get any broccoli at dinner last night?” “Yeah that was some good broccoli!”
13. Blaze - used more to refer to the act of ingesting cannabis, “blaze” could also be used to describe the buds themselves.
14. Fire - hey, when you’ve got that good weed, you’ve definitely got that fire! Used to describe the dankest of bud, “fire” is something that you’ll hear a lot.
15. Dank - even though the dictionary says that “dank” means a dark, cold basement, people use it when talking about well cultivated marijuana. “I got that dank!”
16. Burnie - this isn’t one that I’ve personally heard used but I could see people referring to an already rolled joint! “Want to go for a ride and spark up a burnie!?”
17. Shatter - more of a new term, shatter is the concentrated wax that has recently made it’s appearance in the cannabis culture (even though it’s been around for years). This product is smooth and breaks like glass when touched.
18. Dabs - concentrated cannabis extracts, usually a dark brown to an almost transparent gold. This concentrate is usually placed on a heated nail and inhaled.
19. Crumble - another form of concentrated cannabis, crumble has the consistency of brown sugar almost. It’s not flat like shatter but instead, butters up and can fall apart if not put on the dabber properly.
20. Wax - referring again to shatter, wax is just another name for concentrated marijuana. It can be thicker than shatter and resembles earwax, hence the name.
What's packed in your blunt today?
Submit your fan pics http://www.thcfinder.com/fanpics
Washington DC Council Bans Pre-Employment Marijuana Testing
Gods Gift - Indica
A strain that became popular in California dispensaries in 2005, Gods Gift contains flavors of grape, citrus, hash. Parents of this strain are Granddaddy Purple and OG Kush. No matter what you believe in, this strain is a "gift" with its strong THC content of 18-22%. Flowering usually takes approximately 8-9 weeks. Best for stress, pain relief and insomnia.
- 183,421 Views Category: Odd
- 144,478 Views Category: Fun
- 134,528 Views Category: Culture
- 92,344 Views Category: Culture
- 91,781 Views Category: Fun
- 90,462 Views Category: Culture
- 73,247 Views Category: Culture
- 70,806 Views Category: Odd
- 63,255 Views Category: Fun
- 56,156 Views Category: Fun