What’s Really to Blame in Those Studies That Link Marijuana to Pregnancy Problems
A new “study of studies” in the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology drills down on the data behind claims that marijuana can cause adverse affects on pregnant women and their unborn children.
The verdict: Tobacco did it.
Researchers from Washington University conducted a detailed analysis of more than 30 studies to ascertain whether marijuana use can cause low birth weight or premature delivery.
Although lead researcher Dr. Shayna Conner and her colleagues initially discovered that women who smoked marijuana while pregnant did have an increased risk for such problems, they also found that once a mother’s tobacco use was entered into the equation the relationship vanished.
Jupiter OG (Indica)
Attend the Cannabis Science Conference in Portland Next Month!
Blue Dragon (Hybrid)
- 193,768 Views Category: Odd
- 152,745 Views Category: Fun
- 142,271 Views Category: Culture
- 104,917 Views Category: Culture
- 103,289 Views Category: Culture
- 102,159 Views Category: Fun
- 82,569 Views Category: Culture
- 80,800 Views Category: Odd
- 72,719 Views Category: Fun
- 66,091 Views Category: Fun