| Posted on Mon, October, 6th 2014 by THCFinder
Animals as well as humans have THC receptors in their brains. However, the plant effects them far differently as compared to humans and it's not a good idea to give your furry best friend some of the pot brownie you're mowing down on. But anyone who owns animals knows that pets can usually get in to places that they're not allowed and the kitchen is one of those places. Pets are far smarter when there's food involved and if you happen to either leave your medicated treats out or if your pet managed to break in, it's important to know what to do if they've ingested some cannabis.
If you think that your pet has gotten in to your stash, you should be aware of the symptoms that are associated with cannabis over-consumption. These symptoms include but aren't limited to things such as low heart rate, lack of activity, anxiety, disorientation, tremors, vomiting, and diarrhea. In more severe cases, the pet can have seizures and potentially die if there's been too much cannabis ingested. Most of these symptoms are the worst case scenario and typically, the pet will experience lethargy or possibly go the other way with hyperactivity and anxiety.
When the terrifying experience happens, where you find that your cat or dog has managed to devour a plate of cookies, brownies, or vat of butter, there are two options. Depending on the symptoms, you can induce vomiting and try to get your pet to excrete whatever it's gotten in to. However, this can be extremely expensive and most stoners don't have the money to afford it. The second option, and what happens more often than not, is to let the bud dissipate in your pet's system. Be sure that they're comfortable and have lots of water. Keep an eye on them and be sure not to leave them alone until you're sure that they're feeling better. In the future, be sure to hide your weed from your pet so this situation doesn't happen again.
Pets can ingest cannabis to help with the same problems that humans have, including arthritis and pain in the heart, stomach, spine, and eyes. But they're much smaller than we are and that needs to be taken in to account when giving your pet bud. It's recommended that you only use cannabis on your pet if recommended by a vet and don't EVER blow smoke in your animal's face, as the smell to them is much stronger and can be overpowering and painful for their sensitive noses and ears. Love your pets, don't let them get a hold of your weed!