Marijuana tied to better blood sugar control
The Extra Long Super Joint
Bill would help Scotch Plains toddler, other sick kids, get medical marijuana
Cannabis versus Alcohol: Health Effects
Alcohol use is Legal, yet Cannabis use is Illegal
Many cannabis users all over the world question why alcohol is legal when it is still illegal to use cannabis. The negative effects on a person’s health are much great when consuming alcohol than they are when consuming cannabis; there are many, many deaths each year attributed to alcohol consumption and very little attributed to cannabis consumption. The financial and social impact of alcohol and the crimes associated with alcohol use is immense every year, where the same impact due to cannabis use is minimal.
So is it not fair then that many people worldwide ask why cannabis use is criminalised yet alcohol use isn’t?
The Health Effects of Alcohol
- Alcohol is a depressant and as such causes unnatural brain processes that can cause anxiety and depression.
- Alcohol causes damage to your heart, which one of the damaging effects that you don’t see.
- Alcohol consumption can lead to cancer: the consumption of alcohol can help cause stomach cancer, bowel cancer and liver cancer.
- One of the main issues caused by alcohol consumption is liver damage. The liver is a very important organ of the body which helps cleanse the body of toxins and without a healthy liver you won’t be a healthy person.
- Alcohol consumption and deteriorated liver health means that more toxins flow through your blood and take longer to be expelled from the body. This leads to 2 very undesirable consequences: the first is that your brain function is compromised and (not to even mention hangovers) can leave you with a ‘foggy’ brain and no clarity of thought; but even more alarming for some is the fact that this flow of toxins affects your skin by making it blotchy and unhealthy looking and leads to premature signs of aging.
- Alcohol can damage the pancreas and lead to Diabetes.
- Alcohol can lead to high blood pressure, which can lead to heart attacks and strokes.
- Alcohol can affect your sexual health: in women it can reduce your fertility and chances of conceiving; for men it can reduce your libido and virility.
The Health Effects of Cannabis
- Cannabis use can cause anxiety and paranoia.
- Cannabis use can cause depression.
- The use of some strains of cannabis such as White Widow and Pineapple Chunk can cause hallucinations which some people do not like.
- Smoking cannabis can worsen asthma and even lead to lung cancer.
Summary Question: Should Cannabis Use be Illegal While Drinking Alcohol is Still Legal?
From looking at the health effects alone the case is pretty clearly in favour of cannabis use; but when you also take into account the socioeconomic problems caused by alcohol and the fact that these problems could be easily negated if cannabis was consumed instead of alcohol you will see that the scales are very much weighted one side.
On the question of whether cannabis should be legalised or not I would have to agree with the cannabis users out there and the many thousands of people that gather for the 420 rallies every year and say that there is a strong case for the legalisation of cannabis.
Julius Caesar buds
America Could Legalize Hemp This Year, Action Needed
- 180,854 Views Category: Odd
- 142,741 Views Category: Fun
- 132,861 Views Category: Culture
- 90,230 Views Category: Culture
- 89,702 Views Category: Fun
- 88,594 Views Category: Culture
- 71,485 Views Category: Culture
- 68,738 Views Category: Odd
- 61,469 Views Category: Fun
- 54,432 Views Category: Fun