FDA Approves Trials For Marijuana-Based Epilepsy Medicine
Category: Medical Marijuana | Posted on Wed, October, 23rd 2013 by THCFinder
The U.S. Federal Drug Administration has given unprecedented approval for two separate trials of Epidiolex, a liquid medicine made entirely of cannabis; the substance contains 98% cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive compound found in cannabis – the remaining 2% consist of various trace amounts of other cannabinoids.
The studies will be led by Orrin Devinsky, MD at New York University’s School of Medicine, and Roberta Cilio, MD, PhD, at the University of California.
Each study will involve 25 participants, all children.
Epidiolex is manufactured by GW Pharmaceuticals, the company behind Sativex, a cannabis-derived medicinal spray which has been approved for treating multiple sclerosis in multiple countries, including Canada.
According to Geoffrey Guy, MD, chairman of GW Pharmaceuticals, cannabidiol is more than just an anti-seizure agent. “It’s anti-inflammatory, neuro-modulatory, and has been shown in animals to counter neonatal hypoxic ischemia [oxygen starvation during delivery] —an important problem you see after seizures in these children.”
Saturn OG Cannabis
Category: Nugs | Posted on Wed, October, 23rd 2013 by THCFinder
Category: Tokers | Posted on Wed, October, 23rd 2013 by THCFinder
Submit your fanpics to www.THCFinder.com/fanpics
Florida Model Stabs Boyfriend After His Dog Ate Her Marijuana
Category: Odd | Posted on Wed, October, 23rd 2013 by THCFinder
A Florida model apparently decided that it was reasonable to stab her boyfriend after his dog at her marijuana, but she did not think it was a good enough idea to tell the judge. Instead, she went with a defense straight out of the musical Chicago: "and then he ran into my knife."
According to Kevin Wiggins, Shadae Scott, 26, kicked him out of the apartment after his dog atd her pot, but she had hidden his personal effects, so he could not leave. He says she started stabbing him with a pink pocketknife after he asked her where his computer was hidden.
According to Scott, Wiggins just kept walking into her knife as they argued. Wiggins sustained two cuts to the face and one to the hand.
In Scott's account, the fight was not about the drugs; instead, it was about their dinner plans. She says she pulled the knife to defend herself when he would not let her leave the apartment. Apparently she could do nothing about the fact that he walked his face into her knife.
Read more: http://www.policymic.com
- 187,474 Views Category: Odd
- 147,024 Views Category: Fun
- 136,977 Views Category: Culture
- 95,811 Views Category: Culture
- 95,440 Views Category: Fun
- 94,042 Views Category: Culture
- 76,097 Views Category: Culture
- 74,096 Views Category: Odd
- 66,269 Views Category: Fun
- 59,137 Views Category: Fun