Farmer Offers 10 Acres of Pot for Malia Obama's Hand in Marriage
Crowds count down to legalization of marijuana in Oregon, then light up
PORTLAND, Ore. (Reuters) - Crowds counted down the minutes to midnight then lit up joints as smoking marijuana became legal in Oregon on Wednesday, part of a growing legalization movement spreading down the United States' west coast.
Hundreds gathered on the Burnside Bridge in downtown Portland and smoked under the glow of a neon city sign, marking the moment that the law allowing recreational use, backed by voters in November, came into effect.
The legislation opens the way for shops to sell marijuana by next year - though some lawmakers say they will still try to block retail outlets.
Similar legislation is already in force in Alaska and Washington State, reflecting a shifting legal landscape for a drug that remains illegal under federal law.
Representative Blumenauer Statement On Legalization Of Adult Use Of Marijuana In Oregon
Black Domina (Hybrid)
- 190,890 Views Category: Odd
- 150,091 Views Category: Fun
- 139,592 Views Category: Culture
- 100,488 Views Category: Culture
- 99,101 Views Category: Culture
- 98,915 Views Category: Fun
- 79,678 Views Category: Culture
- 77,864 Views Category: Odd
- 69,760 Views Category: Fun
- 62,919 Views Category: Fun