Hawaii Lawmakers Ask How Much Marijuana is OK While Driving
My Turn: Why a former DEA agent supports legalizing marijuana
I was a warrior in the war on drugs.
I spent 20 years fighting the flow of drugs into America, including 18 years as a DEA special agent. As a special agent, I helped spearhead the Drug Enforcement Administration’s marijuana efforts in Florida and New Mexico before retiring.
I spent a lifetime’s work in law enforcement, mostly centered on stanching the flow drugs into America, and have come to one conclusion: I don’t believe marijuana should be illegal.
Yes, despite a career spent trying to take marijuana off our streets – targeting low-level drug dealers, mom-and-pop grow operations, mega-growers and foreign drug traffickers – I realize our tax dollars and law enforcement resources could have been better spent.
Support For Marijuana Legalization In America Reaches 61%
- 192,435 Views Category: Odd
- 151,502 Views Category: Fun
- 141,042 Views Category: Culture
- 102,829 Views Category: Culture
- 101,430 Views Category: Culture
- 100,642 Views Category: Fun
- 81,213 Views Category: Culture
- 79,396 Views Category: Odd
- 71,309 Views Category: Fun
- 64,728 Views Category: Fun