Douglas County approves ban on commercial marijuana operations
Five Senior Citizens Serving Life Without Parole For Pot
Right now, five adults await death in prison for non-violent, marijuana-related crimes. Their names are John Knock, Paul Free, Larry Duke, William Dekle, and Charles “Fred” Cundiff. They are all more than 60 years old; they have all spent at least 15 years locked up for selling pot; and they are all what one might call model prisoners, serving life without parole.
As time wrinkles their skin and weakens their bodies, Michael Kennedy of the Trans High Corporation has filed a legal petition with the federal government seeking their clemency. Otherwise they will die behind bars for selling a drug 40% of American adults have admitted to using, 50% of Americans want legal, and two states have already legalized for adult use.
Since these men were convicted of these crimes many years ago, public opinion and policy related to marijuana have shifted greatly. Should these five non-violent senior-citizen offenders die behind bars for a crime Americans increasingly believe should not even be a crime?
- 173,758 Views Category: Odd
- 139,016 Views Category: Fun
- 129,198 Views Category: Culture
- 86,145 Views Category: Culture
- 85,201 Views Category: Fun
- 84,450 Views Category: Culture
- 67,867 Views Category: Culture
- 64,374 Views Category: Odd
- 57,265 Views Category: Fun
- 50,184 Views Category: Fun