Michigan Court of Appeals says no crime in sharing medical marijuana
Category: Medical Marijuana | Posted on Wed, January, 30th 2013 by THCFinder
HASTINGS — The Michigan appeals court says there’s nothing illegal about a medical marijuana user providing a small amount of pot to another registered user at no cost.
The court agreed Wednesday with a Barry County judge who had dismissed charges against Tony Green. It’s the first decision by the appeals court in a case involving marijuana that changed hands without money.
There is no dispute that Green provided less than 2 1/2 ounces of marijuana to Al Thornton in Nashville, in September 2011. Both were qualified to use medical marijuana.
The Supreme Court heard arguments last fall in a case involving cash sales of marijuana. A decision is pending. The appeals court in 2011 said such sales are illegal.
- 178,827 Views Category: Odd
- 141,538 Views Category: Fun
- 131,805 Views Category: Culture
- 89,055 Views Category: Culture
- 88,215 Views Category: Fun
- 87,307 Views Category: Culture
- 70,268 Views Category: Culture
- 67,280 Views Category: Odd
- 60,071 Views Category: Fun
- 52,976 Views Category: Fun