Irish Are Emigrating in Search of Medical Marijuana
Legal marijuana: A $44 billion business by 2020?
The growing acceptance and legalization of marijuana is helping the U.S. cannabis industry expand well beyond niche status. It's forecast to pump from $24 billion to $44 billion annually into the country's economy by 2020, according to an industry publication.
At the upper end of that forecast, published in the Marijuana Business Factbook 2016, it means sales of medicinal and recreational marijuana and related products and services would nearly equal the annual revenues of such Fortune 500 firms asFedEx (FDX) and Lockheed Martin (LMT), should current trends continue.
Put another way, that $44 billion is just shy of Panama's $46.2 billion GDP and ahead of Serbia's $43.9 billion. Even if the industry publication's forecast is a bit puffed up, cannabis is clearly heading for the big time.
Jack Herer (Sativa)
New Orleans City Council Doesn’t Want People Arrested For Personal Marijuana Possession
- 189,194 Views Category: Odd
- 148,646 Views Category: Fun
- 138,394 Views Category: Culture
- 97,964 Views Category: Culture
- 97,267 Views Category: Fun
- 96,509 Views Category: Culture
- 78,070 Views Category: Culture
- 76,188 Views Category: Odd
- 68,189 Views Category: Fun
- 60,997 Views Category: Fun