Does Obamas Harold & Kumar Promo Pander to Marijuana Users?
As the Democratic National Convention kicks into gear in North Carolina, a new promo from the Obama campaign clearly aims at the youth vote; more specifically, the “stoner” vote.
The promo is for the convention’s web coverage, hosted by Kal Penn, aka Kumar. In it Obama is seen to be engaging in a very serious conversation, a pep talk even. Cut to “Harold & Kumar” surrounded by food and laughing at cartoons. The only thing missing is a massive bong hit.
Obama is urging Kal Penn to support his campaign because he is counting on Kal. His pairing with Harold in the promo wouldn’t seem to target the “stoner” community in itself, but throw in the munchies and cartoons and this screams “pandering.”
Is Kumar supposed to make millions of medical marijuana patients forget how they were betrayed? Obama is Mr. Cool Guy with his Hollywood buddies while patients suffer; is that supposed to be funny? Inspiring? How about pathetic?
Cannabis users aren’t as stupid as you seem to think Mr. President. Contrary to the stereotypes about memory loss, there is no way patients can forget your flip-flop on MMJ.
- 171,139 Views Category: Odd
- 137,562 Views Category: Fun
- 127,612 Views Category: Culture
- 84,705 Views Category: Culture
- 82,665 Views Category: Culture
- 82,511 Views Category: Fun
- 66,388 Views Category: Culture
- 62,440 Views Category: Odd
- 55,734 Views Category: Fun
- 48,701 Views Category: Fun