Five Senior Citizens Serving Life Without Parole For Pot
Right now, five adults await death in prison for non-violent, marijuana-related crimes. Their names are John Knock, Paul Free, Larry Duke, William Dekle, and Charles “Fred” Cundiff. They are all more than 60 years old; they have all spent at least 15 years locked up for selling pot; and they are all what one might call model prisoners, serving life without parole.
As time wrinkles their skin and weakens their bodies, Michael Kennedy of the Trans High Corporation has filed a legal petition with the federal government seeking their clemency. Otherwise they will die behind bars for selling a drug 40% of American adults have admitted to using, 50% of Americans want legal, and two states have already legalized for adult use.
Since these men were convicted of these crimes many years ago, public opinion and policy related to marijuana have shifted greatly. Should these five non-violent senior-citizen offenders die behind bars for a crime Americans increasingly believe should not even be a crime?
Santa getting ready for the big night
- 178,844 Views Category: Odd
- 141,542 Views Category: Fun
- 131,812 Views Category: Culture
- 89,063 Views Category: Culture
- 88,220 Views Category: Fun
- 87,312 Views Category: Culture
- 70,276 Views Category: Culture
- 67,285 Views Category: Odd
- 60,074 Views Category: Fun
- 52,981 Views Category: Fun