Detroiters prepare to vote on marijuana measure
Category: Medical Marijuana | Posted on Mon, October, 29th 2012 by THCFinder
DETROIT (AP) — Detroiters are preparing to vote on a proposal that would decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana.
The Detroit News reports (http://bit.ly/Vz30hR ) the ballot question, known as Proposal M, would allow adults over age 21 to possess less than an ounce of marijuana on personal property without criminal prosecution.
It's one of six issues facing city voters Nov. 6.
Proponents say Detroit no longer has the police resources to go after people using small amounts of marijuana at home. Opponents say it signals the city is soft on crime.
Detroit is struggling with high crime and a budget that's led to police cutbacks.
Michigan voters in 2008 approved the use of marijuana for medical reasons, but parts of the law are being challenged in court.
I love WEED
Category: Fun | Posted on Sun, October, 28th 2012 by THCFinder
- 173,634 Views Category: Odd
- 138,954 Views Category: Fun
- 129,131 Views Category: Culture
- 86,064 Views Category: Culture
- 85,122 Views Category: Fun
- 84,375 Views Category: Culture
- 67,797 Views Category: Culture
- 64,285 Views Category: Odd
- 57,192 Views Category: Fun
- 50,121 Views Category: Fun