Israeli Vets See Empty Promise in Medical Marijuana Program
Mexico issues first permit to grow and use marijuana
Mexico City (AFP) - Mexican health authorities issued Friday the first permit allowing four individuals to grow and smoke their own marijuana, but none actually plans to consume the drug.
While the permit opens a crack in Mexico's prohibitionist policies, the government health watchdog Cofepris stressed that the authorization is limited to those four people only.
The foursome, who secured the authorization in a historic Supreme Court ruling last month, hope that their victory will force Mexico to legalize marijuana.
The group, part of the Mexican Society for Responsible and Tolerant Personal Use (SMART), says decriminalizing pot will help reduce the country's relentless drug cartel violence.
"We didn't do this to get the right (to consume) for ourselves but to change a public policy that has been extremely costly for the country," said Armando Santacruz, an accountant and one of the four who won the case.
Fruity Pebbles (Hybrid)
Grandmas Smoking Weed for the First Time
Illinois Medical Marijuana Patients Sent Letters Telling Them They Can’t Own Guns
- 192,610 Views Category: Odd
- 151,675 Views Category: Fun
- 141,200 Views Category: Culture
- 103,150 Views Category: Culture
- 101,696 Views Category: Culture
- 100,831 Views Category: Fun
- 81,411 Views Category: Culture
- 79,565 Views Category: Odd
- 71,507 Views Category: Fun
- 64,911 Views Category: Fun