Hesperia shuts down Mesa marijuana dispensary
The Success of The War on Drugs
We talk a lot about the failure of the War on Drugs, but it’s easy to forget that a policy doesn’t stay a policy for long unless someone is profiting from it. The drug war is a failure in terms of its stated goals, but it is very much a success for a certain segment of society.
Private prison companies, law enforcement officials, politicians and pharmaceutical companies all profit from prohibition, and they do so legally. Then you have all the dealers and gang members making money on the other end, and you have the non-corrupt and non-criminal elements of society squeezed in the middle.
Prohibition is just a policy, it is not the enemy of free people. Those who profit from prohibition are the enemy, and they must be defeated politically before this dangerous and soul-crushing policy can be eliminated.
It won’t be easy, because few people ever give up a constant flow of money without a fight. And they will use that money to protect their flow of profits. It’s an uphill battle, to say the least, but nothing less than freedom itself awaits us at the top of the hill.
- 173,585 Views Category: Odd
- 138,883 Views Category: Fun
- 129,086 Views Category: Culture
- 86,007 Views Category: Culture
- 85,057 Views Category: Fun
- 84,312 Views Category: Culture
- 67,741 Views Category: Culture
- 64,220 Views Category: Odd
- 57,132 Views Category: Fun
- 50,088 Views Category: Fun