Georgia Bill Would Effectively Nullify Federal Medical Marijuana Ban
Philadelphia Marijuana Arrests Fall 78 Percent After Decriminalization
Girl Scout Cookies (Hybrid) Strain
If you live in the Bay Area, you've likely heard of Girl Scout Cookies. Whether it's from one of the songs by the famous San Francisco rapper, Berner or actually trying it yourself, Girl Scout Cookies is a can't-miss strain that will medicate you beyond your wildest dreams. A potent mix of an OG Kush x Durban Poison x Cherry Kush mother backcrossed with a prime-looking OG Kush father created possibly one of the best Northern California strains of all time. For those of you who are into the Bay Area rap scene, you%u2019ve likely already smoked some of this off-the-charts weed after hearing some of the songs by San Francisco rapper and collective owner, Berner.
Five Famous Writers That Smoked Weed
- Since we already mentioned him, we’ll start with Shakespeare. Although the famous writer didn’t ever admit to smoking the reefer, it was reported that pieces of pipes were found near his garden. When researchers tested the pipes, they were found to contain traces of hallucinogenics as well as cocaine. Add in the fact that in Shakespeare’s time, Elizabethan England was using the cannabis plant in fabrics as well as paper. Even if Shakespeare wasn’t smoking weed, it’s thought that he was using drugs to enhance his play writing abilities. If you read some of his works, it’s fairly easy to see that the man must’ve been using a substance, as one of his plays even contains a character that makes pies out of people.
- As a horror writer, Stephen King has a lot of ridiculous thoughts floating around in his head. After his car accident, things got even weirder and his somewhat scary stories got terrifying. You ever read “It”? Ever read it stoned? King is a master writer and has admitted to smoking weed in the past. Plus, his entire book Tommyknockers was based on his fight with cocaine addiction, I believe, if I’m remembering his words from “In Writing” correctly. King has even said “I think marijuana should not only be legal, I think it should be a cottage industry. It would be wonderful in the state of Maine. There’s some pretty good homegrown dope. I’m sure it would be even better if you could grow it with fertilizers and have greenhouses.”
- Hobbits, wizards, dragons, etc. You know that JRR Tolken was smoking something when he wrote the books on Middle Earth. With such a wide range of landscapes, characters, and plots, Tolken’s imagination is something to cherish. Even now, his books are being made in to movies and creating splashes in movie theaters everywhere. If the movies are watched carefully, you’ll notice that the hobbits love to get together and smoke “pipe weed”. Even Galdalf indulges in the smoking!
- Dr. Hunter S. Thompson was a well known drug connoisseur so it’s no surprise that he’s on this list. However, his work is so respected, it would probably be offensive to not mention him. In addition to being very in depth in drug culture, Thompson was also a novelist, journalist, and occasionally, a politician. Thompson reportedly told High Times, “I have always loved marijuana. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years. And I still think of it as a basic staple of life, along with beer and ice and grapefruits… And millions of Americans agree with me.”
- A poet, a writer, and a painter. Jack Kerouac is a well known name in the free spirited community. He wrote the book On The Road and the novel is practically a bible for those who enjoy drug culture. Kerouac created the term “beat generation”, characterized by a generation of people with respect to native cultures, sexual revolution, negative feelings towards war, as well as the acceptance and decriminalization of marijuana.
Despite its aggressive name, AK-47 has many peaceful tendencies. First bred in 1992, the name suggests the power packed in its dark, resinous, compact buds that bristle with red hairs and glistening trichomes. AK-47 has a spiced aroma bordering on skunk, with a hint of sandalwood, but tastes sweeter and more floral than the smell would lead one to expect. The AK-47 buzz is immediate and long lasting with an alert but mellow cerebral effect. Lab tests have rated the THC content at over 20 percent, making it a "one hit wonder" for many smokers. This variety can be a little spacey, but is great for playing and listening to music, or other social activities. AK-47 helped put Serious Seeds on the map with a 2nd place finish in the hydroponics competition and a 3rd place in the overall category at the 1995 Cannabis Cup in the Netherlands.
- 191,439 Views Category: Odd
- 150,544 Views Category: Fun
- 140,061 Views Category: Culture
- 101,257 Views Category: Culture
- 99,931 Views Category: Culture
- 99,522 Views Category: Fun
- 80,201 Views Category: Culture
- 78,378 Views Category: Odd
- 70,271 Views Category: Fun
- 63,440 Views Category: Fun