Five Very Credible People Who Support Cannabis
Category: Culture | Posted on Fri, January, 3rd 2014 by THCFinder
Celebrities support cannabis and this is a common fact. There are tons of artists that have songs about smoking blunts and drinking and selling/buying weed. Plus, with the stress of such a fast paced life, who wouldn't be smoking bud? But while celebrities have a huge effect on society, they don't seem to have the same effect on politicians. The following five people have been involved (or are involved) in politics and are supporters of cannabis legalization.
1. Joycelyn Elders is a Former US Surgeon General. During and after her tenure, she spoke out regarding many policies, including the legalization of cannabis.
2. Politician Ron Paul served as state rep in Texas and helped to cosponsor the States' Rights To Medical Marijuana Act. He's voted in favor of multiple hemp and cannabis related issues. Unfortunately, since he didn't have bottomless pockets, he didn't get elected for President like a lot of stoners hoped.
3. As an actor-gone-politician, Jess Venture has said numerous times that the legalization of marijuana would help to lower crime rates everywhere and boost the American economy up out of its slump.
4. Oprah has admitted to smoking ganja before. While she may not be a direct politician, she is an activist for many causes and could do wonders with her sway over society to promote the legalization of cannabis, including influence politicians. No one is safe from the media.
5. Obama himself has admitted to using cannabis. Not only that but he's the subject of a good amount of cannabis related memes around the internet.
Having the support of influential people like these is extremely important. If we have important politicians on our side, then our voices might be heard. Cannabis stands a better chance of becoming legal with every day that passes. It will be a great day when we can finally smoke where ever we want and get our cannabis from reputable places, rather than dark parking lots.
The Perc Struggle
Category: Culture | Posted on Thu, January, 2nd 2014 by THCFinder
There's multiple different kinds of percs that get put in to bongs these days. As more glass artists appear on the market, more and more interesting percolators become available. Most people know the traditional ones like the shower head, the dome, and the tree. But these days, there's a lot more going on in that filtration device than you think! Here's three of the newest, most eye catching percs that are available to stoners!
This has to be my personal favorite. The fritted disc perc is basically a sheet of crushed glass with hundreds of holes. The smoke is filtered through these multiple holes. Not only does this make the hit incredibly smooth, it looks incredible. The fritted disc is definitely something awesome that is just now seeming to make a big appearance on the market.
These pieces are absolutely incredible! While not only being extremely photogenic, the honeycombs resemble the fritted discs but are slightly more put together, rather than just being a sheet of crushed glass. The honeycomb considerably cools down the smoke and allows the user to take bigger hits!
Combining the Dewar perc with low placed arms that form a swirling pattern, this kind of perc is like a remade version of the ring perc that is found in some pieces. The appeal of the pinwheel is the "slow draw", although this method hasn't been proven to increase high. The hit from a pinwheel is incredibly smooth.
Some people think that by getting a piece with a percolator in it is a waste of money. There are stoners who are 100% against them, claiming that a regular bong with a straight pipe is exactly the same as any piece containing a perc. In my personal experience, this is completely untrue. By having a perc in your bong, the smoke is filtered and cooled, allowing you to take smoother, bigger hits. It's highly recommended that you buy bongs that contain some sort of perc, depending on your personal preference! The choice can be hard but you'll be thankful when you're taking those huge hits!
Marijuana Can Kill Colon Cancer Cells
Category: Medical Marijuana | Posted on Thu, January, 2nd 2014 by THCFinder
A new study published in the most recent issue of the journal Phytomedicine, and published online by the National Institute of Health, has found that cannabis-based medicines may provide a cure for colon cancer.
For the study, researchers “investigated the effect of a standardized Cannabis sativa extract with high content of cannabidiol (CBD), here named CBD BDS, i.e. CBD botanical drug substance, on colorectal cancer cell proliferation and in experimental models of colon cancer in vivo.”
While conducting the study, it was found that; “CBD reduced cell proliferation in tumoral, but not in healthy, cells. In vivo, CBD reduced AOM-induced preneoplastic lesions and polyps as well as tumour growth in the xenograft model of colon cancer.”
Researchers conclude that “CBD attenuates colon carcinogenesis and inhibits colorectal cancer cell proliferation via CB1 and CB2 receptor activation. The results may have some clinical relevance for the use of Cannabis-based medicines in cancer patients.”
Read more: http://www.theweedblog.com
Category: Nugs | Posted on Thu, January, 2nd 2014 by THCFinder
- 190,327 Views Category: Odd
- 149,680 Views Category: Fun
- 139,194 Views Category: Culture
- 99,738 Views Category: Culture
- 98,357 Views Category: Fun
- 98,319 Views Category: Culture
- 79,130 Views Category: Culture
- 77,397 Views Category: Odd
- 69,281 Views Category: Fun
- 62,297 Views Category: Fun