Detroiters prepare to vote on marijuana measure
Category: Medical Marijuana | Posted on Mon, October, 29th 2012 by THCFinder
DETROIT (AP) — Detroiters are preparing to vote on a proposal that would decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana.
The Detroit News reports (http://bit.ly/Vz30hR ) the ballot question, known as Proposal M, would allow adults over age 21 to possess less than an ounce of marijuana on personal property without criminal prosecution.
It's one of six issues facing city voters Nov. 6.
Proponents say Detroit no longer has the police resources to go after people using small amounts of marijuana at home. Opponents say it signals the city is soft on crime.
Detroit is struggling with high crime and a budget that's led to police cutbacks.
Michigan voters in 2008 approved the use of marijuana for medical reasons, but parts of the law are being challenged in court.
I love WEED
Category: Fun | Posted on Sun, October, 28th 2012 by THCFinder
- 178,851 Views Category: Odd
- 141,548 Views Category: Fun
- 131,815 Views Category: Culture
- 89,067 Views Category: Culture
- 88,226 Views Category: Fun
- 87,315 Views Category: Culture
- 70,279 Views Category: Culture
- 67,291 Views Category: Odd
- 60,079 Views Category: Fun
- 52,987 Views Category: Fun