| Posted on Thu, July, 3rd 2014 by THCFinder
People tend to know a lot less about cannabis than they would like to think. There are hundreds of thousands of misinformed people that have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to weed... And that includes some stoners! It's important to know the facts when you advocate for something so here is a list of ten facts about cannabis that you may or may not know.
1. Marijuana can be good for mental health, helping those with anxiety, depression, and other issues to relax and calm down, letting a little more positivity in to their lives.
2. Increased rates of treatment admissions in addiction clinics isn't because marijuana is addicting... It's because the justice system forces those who get caught to attend substance classes and rehab, instead of just letting them light a plant on fire and inhaling the smoke.
3. The majority of people who smoke weed don't use other drugs, including alcohol. While some people still try to toss out the gateway theory, most people by now are aware that a lot of stoners are actually extremely health and environmentally conscious.
4. Every year, there around around 750,000 people that get arrested for marijuana related "crimes", most of which are because the person was in possession of the plant. Most of these arrests are minorities and are thought to be racial discrimination.
5. Cancer cells are inhibited by CBD, one of the substances found in cannabis. CBD works on preventing cancer cells from reproducing, causing the current cancerous cells to eventually die. Marijuana is also thought to protect the body against the formation of cancer.
6. Not only does cannabis combat cancer but it also helps with numerous other diseases include epilepsy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis, and arthritis. Since our bodies naturally come equipped with a system designed specifically to handle cannabinoids, one could argue that this plant is a cure-all for almost every affliction known to effect humans.
7. There are no negative effects of marijuana... Unless you're a pizza that is. The plant doesn't "make you stupid", cause you to run over children while driving, or make you crazy enough to speak to the devil. Marijuana has virtually no side effects and when compared to other substances that are still legal (alcohol and tobacco), is probably far safer.
8. When Colorado and Washington began to process their recreational cannabis laws, the use of the plant among young people actually decreased. Just goes to show that the spreading of knowledge is incredibly important and when distributed correctly, can be a huge help. Those under 18 should avoid smoking marijuana unless prescribed by a doctor, seeing as how the effects of THC on the developing brain can cause gaps in myelin, the coating which protects this important organ from damage.
9. Even stoners who have smoked for decades (much like the much loved duo Cheech and Chong) show almost no long term cognitive side effects. They don't drool or stumble around trying to function... In fact, Chong actually beat prostate cancer using a healthy diet, Rick Simpson Oil, and a world renowned healer.
10. While people assume that driving while stoned is really dangerous and you'll probably kill yourself or someone, there is no compelling argument that cannabis causes traffic accidents or fatalities. In fact, most stoners would tell you that driving stoned actually makes them drive better then if they weren't.