Hesperia shuts down Mesa marijuana dispensary
The Success of The War on Drugs
We talk a lot about the failure of the War on Drugs, but it’s easy to forget that a policy doesn’t stay a policy for long unless someone is profiting from it. The drug war is a failure in terms of its stated goals, but it is very much a success for a certain segment of society.
Private prison companies, law enforcement officials, politicians and pharmaceutical companies all profit from prohibition, and they do so legally. Then you have all the dealers and gang members making money on the other end, and you have the non-corrupt and non-criminal elements of society squeezed in the middle.
Prohibition is just a policy, it is not the enemy of free people. Those who profit from prohibition are the enemy, and they must be defeated politically before this dangerous and soul-crushing policy can be eliminated.
It won’t be easy, because few people ever give up a constant flow of money without a fight. And they will use that money to protect their flow of profits. It’s an uphill battle, to say the least, but nothing less than freedom itself awaits us at the top of the hill.
- 177,195 Views Category: Odd
- 140,685 Views Category: Fun
- 130,944 Views Category: Culture
- 88,040 Views Category: Culture
- 87,279 Views Category: Fun
- 86,312 Views Category: Culture
- 69,499 Views Category: Culture
- 66,286 Views Category: Odd
- 59,136 Views Category: Fun
- 51,958 Views Category: Fun