Hawaii Lawmakers Ask How Much Marijuana is OK While Driving
My Turn: Why a former DEA agent supports legalizing marijuana
I was a warrior in the war on drugs.
I spent 20 years fighting the flow of drugs into America, including 18 years as a DEA special agent. As a special agent, I helped spearhead the Drug Enforcement Administration’s marijuana efforts in Florida and New Mexico before retiring.
I spent a lifetime’s work in law enforcement, mostly centered on stanching the flow drugs into America, and have come to one conclusion: I don’t believe marijuana should be illegal.
Yes, despite a career spent trying to take marijuana off our streets – targeting low-level drug dealers, mom-and-pop grow operations, mega-growers and foreign drug traffickers – I realize our tax dollars and law enforcement resources could have been better spent.
Support For Marijuana Legalization In America Reaches 61%
- 189,461 Views Category: Odd
- 148,940 Views Category: Fun
- 138,634 Views Category: Culture
- 98,300 Views Category: Culture
- 97,532 Views Category: Fun
- 96,921 Views Category: Culture
- 78,358 Views Category: Culture
- 76,477 Views Category: Odd
- 68,446 Views Category: Fun
- 61,259 Views Category: Fun