Category: Nugs | Posted on Wed, March, 5th 2014 by THCFinder
Submit your cannabis pics to email@example.com or HERE: http://www.thcfinder.com/fanpics
Five Important Things To Know About CBD
Category: Medical Marijuana | Posted on Wed, March, 5th 2014 by THCFinder
There are over sixty different compounds that are found in the cannabis plant which we have grown so fond of. Out of these sixty, however, it is THC and CBD that are found in the highest levels and therefore the most studied. When medicating with cannabis, it is the substance know as CBD that treats illnesses such as cancer, epilepsy, and arthritis. CBD is not psychoactive and doesn't get the user stoned, making it a good option for children suffering with diseases that don't want to use the harsh medicines put out by big pharma. There is a lot to know about CBD but these are the five most important things that you should know about this beneficial substance.
1. CBD levels vary from strain to strain. Some kinds of cannabis have higher CBD content and lower THC content, giving them a not so high feeling but relief from certain symptoms. Cannabis breeders have been able to breed cannabis strains with almost no THC but high amounts of CBD, making them awesome for medical uses.
2. Since CBD is non-psychoactive, it doesn't get the user stoned. This makes the CBD strains much less desired among the recreational users but highly sought after in the medical field. Since cannabis has virtually no negative side effects, it makes for a very desirable treatment.
3. With a wide range of medical benefits, the effects of CBD really can't be brushed off. This was proven by a study published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology that showed that CBD contained the following medical uses; it combats nausea and vomiting as well as seizures. In addition, CBD is anti inflammatory and combats psychosis disorders. The study goes on to state that CBD fights neuro-degenerative disorders and cancer cells/tumors, plus it fights anxiety.
4. Most stoners know that the negative side effects of THC seem to be paranoia and a slight impairment of memory. CBD actually negates these effects and reduces them. There are multiple studies that show CBD counteracting these negative effects from THC. Both substances have also both been shown that they contain no risk of overdose, lethal or not.
5. Even with all of this positive information regarding CBD, it is still considered an illegal substance and a Schedule I drug in the United States and a Schedule II in Canada. However, due to the overwhelming amount of information regarding CBD, the FDA recently approved a pharmaceutical version of CBD to begin trials in pediatric epilepsy.
Washington DC City Council Passes Marijuana Decriminalization
Category: Legalization | Posted on Wed, March, 5th 2014 by THCFinder
Washington, DC, is set to become the next entity to decriminalize small-time marijuana possession after the city council Tuesday gave final approval to a decriminalization bill. The bill must still be approved by Mayor Vincent Gray, who has signaled support for decriminalization.
But even after the mayor signs off, the measure will not become law until Congress has completed a required legislative review. That process could last into the summer.
The “Marijuana Possession Decriminalization Amendment Act of 2014″ (Council Bill 20-409) removes the threat of arrests for the possession of less than an ounce and replaces it with a $25 fine, the lowest fine in any state that has decriminalized. In setting the fine so low, council members cited homelessness in the District and high poverty rates in areas of the city that have seen the highest numbers of arrests.
Police still can, however, seize your marijuana and whatever you used to smoke it. And public use of marijuana remains a criminal misdemeanor punishable by up to 60 days in jail.
“This is a big step forward for our nation’s capital, as well as our nation as a whole. Clearly, marijuana prohibition’s days are numbered in the United States,” said Dan Riffle, director of federal policies for the Marijuana Policy Project, which supported the bill. “We should not be saddling people with criminal records simply for using a substance that is less harmful than alcohol,” Riffle said. “Law enforcement resources should be used to address serious crimes, not to arrest and prosecute adults for possessing small amounts of marijuana. Neither the District nor any of the states can afford to continue criminalizing adults for marijuana possession.”
“For far too long, people of color have been disproportionately and unfairly arrested and marginalized for marijuana possession in the District of Columbia. DC council members took the first critical step today toward ending the selective enforcement of marijuana prohibition policies that have perpetuated racial disparities in the criminal justice system for decades,” said Grant Smith, policy manager with the Drug Policy Alliance, which also supported the bill.
Read more: http://www.theweedblog.com
Alien OG Bubba Nugs
Category: Nugs | Posted on Wed, March, 5th 2014 by THCFinder
Hippies Vs Hustlers
Category: Culture | Posted on Wed, March, 5th 2014 by THCFinder
There are many different kinds of stoner out there. From the lazy stoner to the successful, everyone is beginning to smoke pot. It's more rare to find someone who doesn't smoke these days. Although it seems that lately, according to the social media world, there are two main categories that are springing up. On one side, there are stoners who are more earthy, more environmental and on the other, are the stoners that "hustle" and are focused on money making rather then anything else.
The hippie of today is not the usual tie-dye wearing, flowering throwing pothead of the 60s and 70s. While these people may not appear to be hippies on the outside (I only own one thing that's tie-dye and it's black, grey, and white tie-dye...), on the inside, they're very in tune with themselves and the environments around them. Usually, these stoners are the ones who do the juicing (which everyone should be doing because of the amazing health benefits), yoga, and use crystals to help calm themselves in addition to weed. Hippies today may not seem like their long lost ancestors but their goal is the same; to just chill!
While the hippies are hanging out doing yoga and taking bong rips, the motivated is off getting shit done! These people are goal orientated and ready to take on the days challenges but only after smoking a great deal of bud. Usually, the hustler stoners like to show off a bit much, making them slightly ostentatious but their intentions are good. They just want to make money and be a success. Can't argue with that! Hustler stoners are sure to provide a fun time if you hang out with them as well, seeing as how their bombastic personalities seem to attract positive attention. The hustlers also tend to have extremely good taste in bud, making sure that their strains are as great as their paychecks!
There will always be subcategories in the stoner community and they will always be compared. Whether you're a hippie or a hustler, it's all about the fact that we're smoking. Patients, recreational users, or those who just support but don't smoke can agree that the cannabis community (for the most part) is a great movement to be a part of. Full of positive people working towards an even more positive goal of having cannabis accepted everywhere, the marijuana industry will only grow from this point on, regardless of these cliques we always seem to fall in to!
- 177,247 Views Category: Odd
- 140,723 Views Category: Fun
- 130,989 Views Category: Culture
- 88,075 Views Category: Culture
- 87,316 Views Category: Fun
- 86,356 Views Category: Culture
- 69,517 Views Category: Culture
- 66,318 Views Category: Odd
- 59,173 Views Category: Fun
- 51,998 Views Category: Fun