| Posted on Wed, October, 1st 2014 by THCFinder
Taking a trip across the country can seem like a lot of fun. And it can be. Depending on where your route takes you, you can witness some pretty amazing sights and places. Moving around a lot also gives you the chance to meet people who you never would've met otherwise. The world is a big place and traveling it is something that most people should try to accomplish at some point in their lives. Although it may seem super glamerous, there are things that should be known before embarking on such a journey. It's best to be prepared for things such as this before you leave so you know what to expect.
- Money disappears quickly. Whether you're paying for gas or food, it adds up quick! Be sure that you take that into account when planning your trip. Depending on how long you're on the move for, food cost can definitely reach well above $500 and gas is even more expensive, seeing as how most places in the US are at least $3.20 a gallon.
- People aren't nice everywhere. And people who know that you're living in a vehicle traveling around the country can be very rude. They'll try to deter you from making your trip as much as possible and can be downright mean about it. While some people may be a Debbie Downer, don't let their negative attitude influence your trip. This is supposed to be a growing experience, not a negative one.
- It can strain your relationship.. Big time. If you leave without your significant other, the distance can really hurt you two. Long distance is tough and it's important to remember that cell phone service isn't available everywhere. You may go days without speaking and that can wear nerves thin. If you decide to go with your significant other, you also run the risk of fighting. Living on the road can be extremely stressful and full of bad days. It's important to be patient and tolerant of each other in this tough time. You're in it together.
- Cell phones don't work everywhere and that can be scary for some people. Expect to have a super high phone bill at the end of your trip due to roaming costs (yes that's still a thing... Roaming) or be smart and pay your bills in advance if you know how long you're going to be gone for. If possible, carry a backup pre-paid phone with loaded minutes just in case your phone goes out of service. When on the road, you need to make sure that you can get a hold of help if needed.
- Showers aren't easy to come by. Hotels may seem like a damn good plan but they're expensive and some are just downright gross. Be sure that you pack dry shampoo and baby wipes, just in case you find yourself going a few days without seeing a real bathroom.
- Most importantly, be 420 prepared! Have a few clean pipes hanging around (stashed appropriately of course) or maybe a few packs of papers. Be sure that you bring enough bud or concentrate to keep you high and happy for your trip. Without bud, the road life gets very nerve wracking, From traffic to blocked roads to bad weather. There are so many things that happen on the road that will drive you crazy. Don't let it get you down! Just remember to pack all the weed you think you'll need and if you don't pack it, plan to stop at friend's houses that have it.