Lawmakers Want General Assembly To Take Up Pot Bill
HARTFORD – With other New England states considering legalizing the recreational use of marijuana, a New Haven lawmaker wants a discussion about the issue at the Capitol this session.
"I'm going to be pushing very hard," Rep. Juan Candelaria, a Democrat, said Thursday, the day he introduced legislation that would legalize the sale and use of marijuana for adults over 21. "I'm going to be engaging my leadership in conversation to at least allow a public hearing."
Candelaria knows legalization may be a long shot – he introduced a similar bill last year that was never raised in committee – but he thinks it's important lawmakers hear from the public. A Quinnipiac Poll last March showed 63 percent of voters supported allowing adults to legally possess small amounts of marijuana for personal use.
A 15 Percent Medical Marijuana Sales Tax Proposed In California
Purple TrainWreck (Hybrid)
One Year After DC Legalized Pot, There's Still Nowhere To Buy It
- 190,367 Views Category: Odd
- 149,713 Views Category: Fun
- 139,223 Views Category: Culture
- 99,786 Views Category: Culture
- 98,396 Views Category: Fun
- 98,359 Views Category: Culture
- 79,166 Views Category: Culture
- 77,428 Views Category: Odd
- 69,308 Views Category: Fun
- 62,336 Views Category: Fun