Deathstar OG (Indica)
Category: Nugs | Posted on Mon, December, 2nd 2013 by THCFinder
Five Cannabis Books Worth Reading
Category: Culture | Posted on Mon, December, 2nd 2013 by THCFinder
Not everything is read over the internet. There are still books out there that definitely deserve to be read, especially those relating to cannabis. If you're growing, cooking, or just want to know some new facts, it won't hurt to pick up a paperback rather than heading right for Google. Here's five books that you should have already read or should read, relating to our favorite plant.
1. The Cannabis Grow Bible
New growers and seasoned harvesters alike will be in love with the information in these pages. The Cannabis Grow Bible will help you with any grow questions that you have, including hydroponic growing. Complete with illustrations, this book will get your grow on track!
2. If A Peacock Finds A Potleaf
This children's book made quite a splash when released but is one of the most popular cannabis reads ever. Designed to teach children about the benefits and wonders of medical marijuana, this book is an easy tool for toker parents to use when explaining cannabis to their kids.
3. The Little Black Book Of Marijuana
I own this book and let me tell you, it's awesome! Tiny and compact so you can take it with you, this little spout of information contains recipes, law information, and cool little bits of 420 humor.
This book contains marijuana culture references from a-z. It's funny and educational, teaching the reader how cannabis has changed and evolved. Complete with photos, this gem definitely belong on your coffee table/bookshelf/where ever it is that you keep your reads!
5. The Emperor Wears No Clothes: The Authoritative Historical Record of Cannabis and the Conspiracy Against Marijuana
Written by the amazing Jack Herer, The Emperor Wears No Clothes is a documentation of the history of cannabis. The book documents the war on the plant, from the medical perspective as well as the industrial aspect.
Ways To Be A Healthy Stoner
Category: Culture | Posted on Sat, November, 30th 2013 by THCFinder
Let's face it, stoners don't have the best reputation of being healthy. Usually, people think we sit around and waste time for the most part. A lot of us don't do that but for those that do, this list will hopefully get you up and moving for the sake of fighting the stereotype. Not only that but your health will thank you if you move around a little bit.
1. Do chores. They're not the most fun thing that you could be doing. But at least you're up and moving. Whether it's laundry, dishes, or cleaning the living room. This way, you're not just sitting in one spot all the time.
2. Start doing a squat challenge. These will kick your ass, seriously. Doing squats not only gets your blood flowing but it benefits your behind as well. Trust me, you'll thank yourself for doing this exercise.
3. If you're running errands, you're not sitting. Get up and go grocery shopping or instead of making coffee at home, go sit and have one at your favorite coffee shop. Invite friends or go alone. Either way, you're out of the house!
4. Don't succumb to the greasy fast food giants. I know that they're tempting and taste amazing but with chicken nuggets made out of pink mush and burgers that drip grease to your elbows, it might be a safe bet to stay away from fast food as much as possible.
5. Avoid smoking and vape instead. Or eat edibles. Any kind of smoke in your lungs has the potential to cause damage. So those that are extremely health conscious should avoid inhaling smoke in to their lungs.
When it comes to be healthy, it really comes down to common sense. Pay attention to your normal habits and try to make them a involve a little more activity. Instead of always sitting around watching cartoons when you're smoking, make the choice to do something different. Being a healthy stoner also shows other people that we've surpassed the stereotype of being lazy and we're just as active and healthy as everyone else.
Colorado Governor Calls For Over $7 Million To Fund Marijuana-Related Research
Category: News | Posted on Sat, November, 30th 2013 by THCFinder
In his 2014 budget proposal Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper is calling for over $7 million in funding for “legitimate” studies examining the medical benefits of cannabis. Under the proposal, grants sized between $500,000 and $1 million would be distributed to universities, research hospitals, foundations and so forth, in order to study cannabis’ effect on conditions such as epilepsy, and post-traumatic stress disorder..
“The impetus is that we have about $13 million in the Medical Marijuana [Program] Cash Fund, and it needs to be used for purposes that relate to the people who paid for their medical-marijuana cards,” says Henry Sobanet, Director of the Governor’s Office of State Planning and Budgeting. “And the impetus really was that now there appears to be ways where legitimate research can be conducted on the use of cannabis or marijuana for medical purposes.”
If the state’s legislature approves this portion of the budget, the program – which consists of a full time administrator to oversee grant distribution – will begin in July of next year.
- 183,925 Views Category: Odd
- 144,849 Views Category: Fun
- 134,858 Views Category: Culture
- 92,492 Views Category: Culture
- 91,989 Views Category: Fun
- 90,866 Views Category: Culture
- 73,500 Views Category: Culture
- 71,139 Views Category: Odd
- 63,622 Views Category: Fun
- 56,468 Views Category: Fun