Santa Cruz Butane Explosion; Three In Severe Condition
Category: Culture | Posted on Sun, October, 6th 2013 by THCFinder
This has been happening far too often for comfort. People are making BHO inside of their houses, in unsafe and unclean conditions. Butane hash oil (dabs) are under a very closer watch these days, as incidents like this happen more and more. I just reported on one that happened last week, where there even happened to be a child involved. This time, it was three men who got blown up while trying to run BHO.
It happened on Sunday morning in Santa Cruz. The blast ended up causing a fire around 1:30pm. The guys were making BHO in their house when the butane fumes were ignited by a pilot light for the water heater. Unfortunate but definitely avoidable. How many times must the point be stressed that BHO should never be run inside unless you have the proper equipment. What's the proper equipment? Something that you definitely don't have in your house, you friends house, or anywhere that isn't a lab specifically geared towards making BHO.
The explosion took out a wall. Firefighters had trouble extinguishing the flames at first, due to the other cans of butane that the men had stored in the closet (yeah I said closet) where they were attempting to make the oil. The blast was so severe that the men were in life-threatening condition when they were transported to the hospital. The three men are still in the hospital now and in critical condition.
Look... Marijuana has a bad name already. This is common knowledge. Dabs present an ever-growing problem with people seeing the sense in our argument. There needs to be more people talking about making BHO the RIGHT way. If you search for "BHO FAIL" on YouTube, there are far too many videos of people trying to do this and screwing up badly. There shouldn't be so many of those videos. Please, if you DO NOT KNOW HOW TO RUN BHO, DO NOT ATTEMPT IT! Not only will you hurt the marijuana name, but you will probably blow yourself up and get hurt. While stupidity merits this unfortunate result, I don't like to see fellow stoners get hurt.
Jack Herer - Sativa
Category: Nugs | Posted on Sun, October, 6th 2013 by THCFinder
Purple Alien Weed
Category: Nugs | Posted on Sat, October, 5th 2013 by THCFinder
Study Finds Marijuana Prohibition Ineffective
Category: Legalization | Posted on Sat, October, 5th 2013 by THCFinder
Another study pointing to the failures of the war on drugs was published yesterday by a group of U.S. and Canadian researchers. The study was funded by the International Centre for Science in Drug Policy and examined the relative price and potency of cocaine, heroine, and marijuana from 1990 to 2010. Through analysis of existing data from various UN and governmental databases, the study found that, despite an estimated $1 trillion spent by the U.S. alone, the war on drugs has failed. Lead researcher Dr. Evan Wood commented on the results:
These findings add to the growing body of evidence that the war on drugs has failed. We should look to implement policies that place community health and safety at the forefront of our efforts.
The study showed that although marijuana seizures by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration increased by 465% between 1990 and 2010, the misguided efforts are ineffective. Since 1990, the price of marijuana has decreased by 86%, and its availability remains high.
It is clear that marijuana prohibition is not an effective means to control marijuana use. Instead, it is time to focus on policies that are best for the community and the individual, instead of wasting resources on arrest.
Read more: http://www.theweedblog.com
How many of you work so you can buy more Weed?
Category: Fun | Posted on Sat, October, 5th 2013 by THCFinder
Weed Man Mistakes
Category: Culture | Posted on Sat, October, 5th 2013 by THCFinder
Okay so those of us that aren't able to purchase our weed at the dispensary still have to buy weed from the weed guy. The "weed guy" could be your coworker, a friend's friend, or someone that you don't really remember meeting but you can remember buying weed from them... A lot of weed. But even the weed guy makes mistakes. And some of the weed guys tend to make far too many mistakes. The following list is some of the worst things done by the people you get your weed from.
- Weed should never be sold, stored, near, within five feet of ANY bag that has previously held a flavored cigar. This is the ultimate form of disrespect towards this plant. Doing this is such a terrible thing, that I think the next most terrible action would be pissing on a beautiful pot plant. It's not okay. It completely ruins the weed and makes it unsmokeable. As an unhappy customer, not only will you be upset that you actually spent money on this junk, but your weed man won't take it back. If this happens more than once (it should NEVER happen but sometimes, it is what it is), ditch your dealer because Acid weed is disgusting.
- Dear weed guy, if your phone rings, ANSWER IT! Avoiding texts and calls all day isn't going to make you any money. You'll end up with an angry mob after you or you'll just lose all your customers to the dealer who actually knows how to hit "REPLY".
- By asking the weed guy where he is, you can apparently insult them to the point where they say they're ten minutes away when in reality, they're smoking a blunt with their other buddies. Whatever makes them take so long, it's a bummer. When a stoner runs out of weed, it's a very sad day. A weed guy that takes forever isn't going to last long.
- Stating that weed is fire or dank when in reality, it tastes like lawn isn't okay. If it's mediocre, it's mediocre. Lying about the quality of weed before people smoke it sucks. I want to know what I'm smoking. I don't want unpleasant surprises in my bong when I go to smoke it.
- Not growing your own makes you responsible to proper transportation. Vacuum sealed bags need to be SEALED! Have you ever gotten a batch of bud that got shipped with a damaged seal? They package things around it, obviously, to keep the smell from escaping. I got a bag that had broken open once and it tasted like laundry detergent. It was horrifying. That was the only time I ever got money back for weed because my buddy felt so badly that the bag had broken.
Hopefully, your weed guy is a good one and you don't have any of these problems. If you do, maybe it's time to start thinking about finding a new weed man. The things listed above suck. It's always a huge bummer to get a bad bag. There are always the options of growing your own or just moving somewhere else, if you don't have any other weed friend options.
- 179,343 Views Category: Odd
- 141,813 Views Category: Fun
- 132,069 Views Category: Culture
- 89,360 Views Category: Culture
- 88,549 Views Category: Fun
- 87,606 Views Category: Culture
- 70,559 Views Category: Culture
- 67,625 Views Category: Odd
- 60,392 Views Category: Fun
- 53,318 Views Category: Fun