Israeli Vets See Empty Promise in Medical Marijuana Program
Mexico issues first permit to grow and use marijuana
Mexico City (AFP) - Mexican health authorities issued Friday the first permit allowing four individuals to grow and smoke their own marijuana, but none actually plans to consume the drug.
While the permit opens a crack in Mexico's prohibitionist policies, the government health watchdog Cofepris stressed that the authorization is limited to those four people only.
The foursome, who secured the authorization in a historic Supreme Court ruling last month, hope that their victory will force Mexico to legalize marijuana.
The group, part of the Mexican Society for Responsible and Tolerant Personal Use (SMART), says decriminalizing pot will help reduce the country's relentless drug cartel violence.
"We didn't do this to get the right (to consume) for ourselves but to change a public policy that has been extremely costly for the country," said Armando Santacruz, an accountant and one of the four who won the case.
Fruity Pebbles (Hybrid)
Grandmas Smoking Weed for the First Time
Illinois Medical Marijuana Patients Sent Letters Telling Them They Can’t Own Guns
- 189,986 Views Category: Odd
- 149,381 Views Category: Fun
- 138,972 Views Category: Culture
- 99,174 Views Category: Culture
- 98,037 Views Category: Fun
- 97,732 Views Category: Culture
- 78,816 Views Category: Culture
- 77,026 Views Category: Odd
- 68,933 Views Category: Fun
- 61,835 Views Category: Fun