What's packed in your blunt today?
Submit your fan pics http://www.thcfinder.com/fanpics
Washington DC Council Bans Pre-Employment Marijuana Testing
Gods Gift - Indica
A strain that became popular in California dispensaries in 2005, Gods Gift contains flavors of grape, citrus, hash. Parents of this strain are Granddaddy Purple and OG Kush. No matter what you believe in, this strain is a "gift" with its strong THC content of 18-22%. Flowering usually takes approximately 8-9 weeks. Best for stress, pain relief and insomnia.
Five Cannabis Facts You Should Know
1. Marijuana and hemp are not the same thing! Some people think that hemp should be kept illegal alongside marijuana, even though the hemp plant won’t get you high if you smoke it. The two plants are used for different purposes. While marijuana is used for medical purposes, hemp is used for more industrial purposes like building, clothing, and paper.
2. Americans used to consider it patriotic to grow hemp. When the states were still just 13 colonies, the law in 1916 required settlers to grow up. It was used for rope, sails, and clothing and both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson owned hemp farms. There was even a draft of the Declaration of Independence written on hemp paper. Not only that but Betsy Ross sewed the flag with hemp made products!
3. In ancient China, Ma (marijuana) was used for clothing, medicine, fuel, and food for as far back as 6,000 BC. But the use of the plant in a medical sense dates back even further to 2737 BC. The Red Emperor Shen Nung is credited with writing a document called the Herbal, which is a list of various herbs, which includes marijuana. Additionally, in 2 AD, Hua T’o used the female plant (so probably flowers) and red wine as an anesthesia while he preformed painful surgeries including loin incisions and organ grafts.
4. A group of 5,000 smokers were examined by UCSF ad University of Alabama showed that people who smoke a few joints a week actually have a stronger external blowing stronger lung capacity than non-users. In 2005, UCLA released a paper that shows marijuana may actually help to prevent the formation of lung cancer, unlike tobacco. Tobacco contains nicotine and is a known carcinogen, while cannabis contains cannabinoids and THC, which help to defeat and prevent cancer.
5. Hemp is an extremely versatile product that could actually save the world if used correctly. As humans, we are wasteful and the packing that contains most of what we consume ends up in landfills. It rarely gets recycled and contributes to the growing waste problem that the world faces. Hemp can be made in to clothing, canvas, rope, paper, food, and the seeds can be turned in to fuel. This would eliminate the need for cotton, gasoline, nylon, and the destruction of trees. After the hemp plant is harvested, the soil is actually in better condition then before the hemp plants were there, unlike tobacco. Legalizing hemp and cannabis would produce thousands of jobs, another thing that is needed in such a suffering economy.
Afghan Kush (Indica)
Tons of dull orange hairs gives this indica a orangish brownish tint. Soft green color that is overpowered by the thick hairs. Afghan Kush smells like a mango orange farm with a hint of funk to it that is comparable to an old musty basement. Does not have the trademark Kush smell, but it does have its own unique odor and it works well for night time use. Provides an energetic burst of energy right off the bat. After a few minutes it provides a very relaxed focus feeling. Keeps you right on the edge of energetic and couch locked. Great for anxiety and relaxing.
Eight Edible Rules
- Body mass, gender, body chemistry, metabolism, and age all effect how an edible will treat you. When buying edibles, ask your bud tender what they would recommend for your body type and age. THC effects everyone differently and it’s important to know how strong something might be before you eat too much.
- If you’re a heavy cannabis user, an edible won’t effect you the same as someone who’s a newbie. If your bud tender isn’t asking you if you’ve smoked before, ask them what they think and if they have a different recommendation.
- Eating edibles on an empty stomach can have negative consequences. It is recommended that you treat edibles much like Vicodin or Percocet.
- Measure your edible doses in milligrams. For example, if you get a 100mg bar of chocolate and it splits in to 10 pieces, each piece will roughly contain 10mgs.
- Taking less right off the bat is better than eating the whole edible. If you think it won’t effect you like others, you’re probably wrong. While you can always eat more of the edible, you can’t make yourself eat less. As a newbie edible eater, you need to pay attention to this kind of thing.
- Every edible making company has different dosages, which can prove to be difficult when you’re trying to find one you like. The best suggestion is to try multiple different companies until you find one that you like and that gives you the feeling that you’re looking for.
- Don’t expect the same high that you get from smoking a bowl. Edibles effect the mind differently and also because of the small amount of membranes that you have in the stomach. The THC doesn’t absorb in the same way in your stomach as it does in your lungs.
- Always remember that as of right now, there is no mandatory THC testing when it comes to edibles. Edibles are extremely hard to dose and Colorado hopes to have an edible testing department soon. Edible companies jump all over the place with their dosing information. As said above, find something that you like and stick with it!
- 188,278 Views Category: Odd
- 147,842 Views Category: Fun
- 137,692 Views Category: Culture
- 96,956 Views Category: Culture
- 96,368 Views Category: Fun
- 95,149 Views Category: Culture
- 77,022 Views Category: Culture
- 75,248 Views Category: Odd
- 67,293 Views Category: Fun
- 60,073 Views Category: Fun