Lawmakers Want General Assembly To Take Up Pot Bill
HARTFORD – With other New England states considering legalizing the recreational use of marijuana, a New Haven lawmaker wants a discussion about the issue at the Capitol this session.
"I'm going to be pushing very hard," Rep. Juan Candelaria, a Democrat, said Thursday, the day he introduced legislation that would legalize the sale and use of marijuana for adults over 21. "I'm going to be engaging my leadership in conversation to at least allow a public hearing."
Candelaria knows legalization may be a long shot – he introduced a similar bill last year that was never raised in committee – but he thinks it's important lawmakers hear from the public. A Quinnipiac Poll last March showed 63 percent of voters supported allowing adults to legally possess small amounts of marijuana for personal use.
A 15 Percent Medical Marijuana Sales Tax Proposed In California
Purple TrainWreck (Hybrid)
One Year After DC Legalized Pot, There's Still Nowhere To Buy It
- 190,893 Views Category: Odd
- 150,098 Views Category: Fun
- 139,594 Views Category: Culture
- 100,497 Views Category: Culture
- 99,107 Views Category: Culture
- 98,917 Views Category: Fun
- 79,685 Views Category: Culture
- 77,868 Views Category: Odd
- 69,766 Views Category: Fun
- 62,929 Views Category: Fun