Debunking The "Marijuana Is A Gateway Drug" Theory
Category: Culture | Posted on Mon, October, 7th 2013 by THCFinder
Yesterday I was a presenter at the Better People Educational Forum in Downtown Portland. This was held in the Multnomah County Public Defender’s Office and asked the question “Marijuana: Should it be Legal?” I made my presentation for the YES side of the case which you can view on my RadicalRuss YouTube channel and which you can download , complete with script, from 420RADIO.org.
Speaking for the NO side of the case was Sgt. Chris Kenagy from the Portland Police Bureau. He is in charge of the Drug & Vice Task Force. In addition to claiming alcohol prohibition didn’t work because there were simply too many people who like to drink, but “we can stop them from getting marijuana”, Sgt. Kenagy said regarding marijuana prohibition, “I think it’s worth it,” and since only 7.3% of the population uses cannabis, “why should we care?”
But what I want to spend time on today is helping Sgt. Kenagy understand that his most cherished reefer madness is utter bullshit. Sgt. Kenagy opened up his presentation by stating that the number one reason he was opposed to marijuana legalization was because cannabis is a “gateway drug”. He even went so far as to say that “every single study has proven it is a gateway drug”. He then went on to talk about all the heroin, cocaine, and meth addicts he ever had to work with and “100 percent of them started with pot.” As Sgt. Kenagy explained it, “when you first start using marijuana, you get a high, but after a while you develop a tolerance, and so you begin looking for other ways to get a stronger high.” He also explained that “using marijuana lowers your inhibitions for using other drugs.”
It’s easy to understand why a drug and vice cop might sincerely believe marijuana leads to hard drugs, in the same way that an emergency room doctor might believe drinking inexorably leads to auto crash trauma. It’s because of what’s called “selection bias”, the fact that all the drug users a cop meets or drinkers an ER doc meets are there because of their victim’s problems with drugs and alcohol. Sgt. Kenagy never interfaces with the vast majority of cannabis consumers who are neither hard drug users nor have gotten caught with pot.
What Sgt. Kenagy and the “gateway drug” believers are also suffering from is retroactively attributing causality where none exists. If you ask a heroin user what’s the first drug she tried, she will probably say “marijuana”. (Unless she’s smart enough to recall that cigarettes and alcohol are drugs, since more heroin addicts will cite those as their first substances when properly asked.) That doesn’t mean marijuana led the woman to heroin, it just means that heroin users tend to have used marijuana.
Read more: http://www.theweedblog.com
Where Do You Stash Your Weed?
Category: Fun | Posted on Mon, October, 7th 2013 by THCFinder
Stash spots are a key essential in the life of a stoner. If you still live at home and hide it from parents, you're bound to have some crafty way if you're hiding your bud. Even if you have your own place, not all people like to leave their dank just sitting around. There are tons of different places that make great stash spots, not to mention some really cool stuff that you can make at home.
- The simple stash box is a favorite. Possibly a shoe box or a cigar box, these little hideaways tend to be under beds or stuffed in dresser drawers. Basically, anywhere you can fit it. These boxes are nice because they vary in size. Some people have crazy collections of papers/Hempwick/lighters and the traditional stash box is the perfect place.
- I know that these are available for purchase but I prefer to make a lot of my own stuff. Especially this little secret because it involves recycling! You can make an empty soca can in to a dope little stash spot by getting some a can, cement, some pipe, and a cutting tool. Possibly rubber washers to seal the top of the can when you put it all together. These are super convenient for car travel and no one will know that's where you keep your weed unless you tell them.
- Pull up a floorboard. Classic stash. Just make sure that the little cubby under the floor is clean or that your weed is in a box. This can go the other way too, sometimes, because some apartments have those odd square ceilings that appear a lot in schools. Since the ceiling is made of a bunch of different pieces, it's easy to push the panels up and hide your weed in the ceiling. Beware of slanted ceilings and jars that roll, though! You don't want to lose your weed to your house.
- Cut out the middle of a book. No one will think that you're hiding a bowl and nugs inside your encyclopedia. You can use any book you want too and you'll be the only one who knows. Don't leave the book laying around! A family member or nosey roommate may get curious about what you're reading.
- An old flashlight can serve as a handy on-the-go stash spot. Remove the batteries and bam! A small little spot that's big enough for a one hitter and maybe a gram. There are a lot of people who carry flashlights in their car. Stashing your stash in one is sure to deter suspicion.
- Stacks of DVDs or CDs that are glued together and cut in the middle make very sneaky little spots to store something. Just remove the middles and glue around the edges. It's sure to fool anyone who's digging through your stuff.
Ferrari OG - Indica
Category: Nugs | Posted on Mon, October, 7th 2013 by THCFinder
Strain Review; White Widow
Category: Nugs | Posted on Mon, October, 7th 2013 by THCFinder
A good White Widow strain is pretty rare, at least where I am. I've only ever seen it once. It's a pretty well talked about strain and looks like it's been dipped in sugar. Widow is covered in crystals and is sure to get you super stoned. It is potent and high quality, sure to give you a social kind of high that will help get you through any day at work or through classes. Whatever you're doing, White Widow will definitely impress.
White Widow is great for stress and also pain. As with a lot of strains, it's euphoric and uplifting high. Having a bad day? Smoking this will help you to definitely feel better. It looks good, it smokes smooth, and it will get you baked. If you ever see this strain, give this hybrid a shot.
The negative effects of this strain aren't too bad and don't differ that much from other strains. Mostly just some cotton mouth which can easily be cured with some iced tea or soda. By not trying Widow, you're really missing out on one of the most well known strains around today. They even mention it numerous times in the show Weeds, which as everyone knows, I'm definitely a fan of. :)
See more strain info here: http://www.thcfinder.com/strains/
Pink Panther OG
Category: Nugs | Posted on Sun, October, 6th 2013 by THCFinder
- 184,791 Views Category: Odd
- 145,495 Views Category: Fun
- 135,442 Views Category: Culture
- 93,241 Views Category: Culture
- 92,690 Views Category: Fun
- 91,568 Views Category: Culture
- 74,141 Views Category: Culture
- 71,874 Views Category: Odd
- 64,276 Views Category: Fun
- 57,087 Views Category: Fun