Prop 64 at Nearly 60% Support
Blacks 13 Times More Likely to Get Arrested for Weed in New York
New data obtained from public records requests by marijuana.com found large racial disparities in marijuana arrests, even as law enforcement priorities shift. The numbers echo previous findings that decriminalization (and even legalization) do little to combat racial disparities when enforcing cannabis laws.
Out of the 25 states where data was collected, New York had the largest racial disparity. Black New Yorkers are 13 times more likely than whites to be arrested for possession.
“The bulk of arrests in New York State occur in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan boroughs that make up New York City,” reported marijuana.com.
What strain are you smoking on today?
- 193,472 Views Category: Odd
- 152,414 Views Category: Fun
- 141,915 Views Category: Culture
- 104,482 Views Category: Culture
- 102,834 Views Category: Culture
- 101,828 Views Category: Fun
- 82,260 Views Category: Culture
- 80,429 Views Category: Odd
- 72,356 Views Category: Fun
- 65,733 Views Category: Fun