Proposed Denver medical-marijuana ad ban set for public hearing
Category: News | Posted on Mon, August, 13th 2012 by THCFinder
A proposal to ban billboard, bus-bench and sidewalk sign-twirler advertising by Denver medical-marijuana dispensaries has pitted the state's two most prominent cannabis trade groups against each other.
On one side is the Cannabis Business Alliance, which denounces the proposal by saying it creates too many uncertainties for the industry.
On the other is the Medical Marijuana Industry Group, which supports the proposed ban by arguing that it is a show of neighborliness for an industry that is not always embraced.
The debate comes to a Denver City Council meeting Monday evening, when there will be a public hearing on the proposed ban.
The proposal would eliminate outdoor medical-marijuana ads in the city, except for signs on the businesses themselves.
Dispensaries would still be able to advertise in newspapers and magazines and would also be able to display their logos on items for charity events they sponsor.
Read more: http://www.denverpost.com
- 166,250 Views Category: Odd
- 135,111 Views Category: Fun
- 125,047 Views Category: Culture
- 82,923 Views Category: Culture
- 79,714 Views Category: Culture
- 79,512 Views Category: Fun
- 63,925 Views Category: Culture
- 59,655 Views Category: Odd
- 53,822 Views Category: Fun
- 46,862 Views Category: Fun