Farmer Offers 10 Acres of Pot for Malia Obama's Hand in Marriage
Crowds count down to legalization of marijuana in Oregon, then light up
PORTLAND, Ore. (Reuters) - Crowds counted down the minutes to midnight then lit up joints as smoking marijuana became legal in Oregon on Wednesday, part of a growing legalization movement spreading down the United States' west coast.
Hundreds gathered on the Burnside Bridge in downtown Portland and smoked under the glow of a neon city sign, marking the moment that the law allowing recreational use, backed by voters in November, came into effect.
The legislation opens the way for shops to sell marijuana by next year - though some lawmakers say they will still try to block retail outlets.
Similar legislation is already in force in Alaska and Washington State, reflecting a shifting legal landscape for a drug that remains illegal under federal law.
Representative Blumenauer Statement On Legalization Of Adult Use Of Marijuana In Oregon
Black Domina (Hybrid)
- 190,368 Views Category: Odd
- 149,713 Views Category: Fun
- 139,223 Views Category: Culture
- 99,787 Views Category: Culture
- 98,399 Views Category: Fun
- 98,360 Views Category: Culture
- 79,169 Views Category: Culture
- 77,430 Views Category: Odd
- 69,310 Views Category: Fun
- 62,338 Views Category: Fun